City college

Stad

Forum Ride Along
Did anyone here go to city college for paramedic school? If so how long did it take you to pay the loan back? City college loan for paramedic school is $47,000 and I’m stressed out because I cannot get passed paramedic 2. This is the second time I’m repeating the class. I really feel like giving up. I was supposed to finish in December, but lord knows when I’ll finish.

OP
OP
S

Stad

Forum Ride Along
I’m in Florida. It’s called City College. They sweet talk you into the deal. I already owe $20,000 for emt school. I’m thinking of quitting and going to fire. Then go somewhere else for medical school.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I’m in Florida. It’s called City College. They sweet talk you into the deal. I already owe $20,000 for emt school. I’m thinking of quitting and going to fire. Then go somewhere else for medical school.
What kind of EMT school are we talking? Most EMT programs at colleges are around $1000

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent

This is the scandal of advanced, post secondary education....colleges and universities are only too happy to accept student's tuition from absurdly inflated fees driven by liberal and freely available (predatory) federal loan programs...I call BS...but students are all to happy to become beholden to a bank to stand in the gap between life an death and settle for mayonaise sandwiches, a doublewide and a 4 cylinder Hyundai to limp to work to.

And intubation v. SGA is the biggest controversy/issue in your service? WTF? If you're driving a nice car/pickup, you're part of the problem....

Uclabruin103

Forum Lieutenant
Did you not look at any other school? That's for year tuition range youryo talking. Try and get hired in the public sector and hope they have loan forgiveness.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
In case anyone was wondering: https://www.citycollege.edu/program/area-of-study/healthcare/
So you paid $20,000 for a program that should have cost you maybe 20% of that, and decided to continue on for paramedic? Wow. Life lesson: the way to get out of a deep hole is not to dig deeper.

If you can get hired by a FD, I would think that is your best option. Then let THEM pay for your paramedic school.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow. You got HOSED and are still getting hosed!!

Holy crap!!!

Caveat Emptor extreme!

Summit

Critical Crazy

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
And here I thought paying ~5k for medic school was pricey...

Edit: also I never thought there would be a place that would make NCTI look cheap.

Colt45

Forum Lieutenant
5k sounds great... I payed 8 for 31 credit hours. Not bad if you look at it that way and it went towards a bachelor's. But 20,20,000 K for EMT school? I would have laughed and said see ya later.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
If you're paying that much, it's probably not even a decent education as they are clearly more interested in money than anything else.

Leave. Don't go back. Start over.