Childrens Drawings

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
How about WHITE??? YUP, there's a department around here (not mine) that has WHITE fire trucks!

BloodNGlory02

Forum Crew Member
If a fire truck isnt red it isnt ripe. Shouldve left those yellow/white/orange ones mature a little longer ;)

OP
OP
TTLWHKR

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by rescuecpt@May 20 2005, 04:49 PM
How about WHITE??? YUP, there's a department around here (not mine) that has WHITE fire trucks!
Grapeville, Pennsylvania...

Sparkling Purple!

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
There was a site where someone did a similar thing, posting about how crappy some kids drawings were.

At first I didn't think it was funny at all, but everyone else did. The second time I didn't think it was funny, but understood how others could. I think I finally get it, but it took a while :)

rescuecpt

:D

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@May 20 2005, 04:40 PM
Painting a fire truck yellow, if it is not intended for an airport, is a sin!

Which is why our FD is going to heck... Ours are orange...
You're not from Wheeling WV are you? That's the only place in the US I have ever seen an orange engine.

We give the local department with yellow trucks all levels of grief because they are so damn ugly. If you ask their training chief he'll tell you they are (and I quote because I don't have time to make s--t up any more) "Chartreuse, you know, for high visibility and what not." I strongly question Tom's sexuality because of that comment because no self-respecting straight male firefighter (and calling Tom a firefighter is using the term VERY, VERY loosely) would ever say that about their apparatus. Hell, most wouldn't even know what the word means.

OP
OP
TTLWHKR

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by usafmedic45@May 21 2005, 10:20 AM
Painting a fire truck yellow, if it is not intended for an airport, is a sin!

Which is why our FD is going to heck... Ours are orange...
You're not from Wheeling WV are you? That's the only place in the US I have ever seen an orange engine.

We give the local department with yellow trucks all levels of grief because they are so damn ugly. If you ask their training chief he'll tell you they are (and I quote because I don't have time to make s--t up any more) "Chartreuse, you know, for high visibility and what not." I strongly question Tom's sexuality because of that comment because no self-respecting straight male firefighter (and calling Tom a firefighter is using the term VERY, VERY loosely) would ever say that about their apparatus. Hell, most wouldn't even know what the word means.
Nope.. I'm from Potter County, Penna...

Local FD is the Bureau of Forestry. Stumpjumpers are green and orange.

OP
OP
TTLWHKR

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
I googled it...

yellow green, yellowish green, chartreuse, Paris green, pea green

a shade of green tinged with yellow

Chartreuse

aromatic green or yellow liqueur flavored with orange peel and hyssop and peppermint; made at monastery near Grenoble, France

:blink:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@May 21 2005, 04:01 PM
I googled it...

yellow green, yellowish green, chartreuse, Paris green, pea green

a shade of green tinged with yellow

Chartreuse

aromatic green or yellow liqueur flavored with orange peel and hyssop and peppermint; made at monastery near Grenoble, France

:blink:

Slime Lime?

rescuejew

Forum Lieutenant
Chapel Hill has sky blue fire trucks. They are all sky blue, thanks to the UNC tarhells, I mean hEEls.

Hey whacker, funny original posts...I mean like REALLY funny. Have you ever seen the "little golden books never made it"? funny stuff too...

rescuecpt

Ok, so yesterday I'm walking around the Corps and I notice all the posters from the poster contest we had to kick off EMS week. I wish I could post some of them here, all I kept thinking were comments like the ones posted here...

There was a patient who looked like a gingerbread man, then there was a woman who was 5 times bigger than the EMTs (we must have called Brentwood for their doublewide, lol). Apparently, the ambulance corps owns several hospitals, because there were lots of pictures of the outside of hospitals - no EMTs or ambulances in sight.

My favorites though were two or three that looked like the ambulance was sinking into the ground (a big box with no wheels)... but what's super funny about that is my partner got an ambulance stuck in the mud on a median and had to be towed out by ESU... so now we call him "Stuck in the Mud"... so I took him in to see the drawings and told him these kids must have heard of him - then I ran away really fast before he could beat me.

OP
OP
TTLWHKR

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Little Golden Books That Never Made It

"You Are Different and That's Bad"

"Dad's New Wife Robert"

"Fun four-letter Words to Know and Share"

"Hammers, Screwdrivers and Scissors: An I-Can-Do-It Book"

"The Kids' Guide to Hitchhiking"

'Kathy Was So Bad Her Mom Stopped Loving Her"

"Curious George and the High-Voltage Fence"

"The Little Sissy Who Snitched"

"Some Kittens Can Fly"

"That's it, I'm Putting You Up for Adoption"

"The Magic World Inside the Abandoned Refrigerator"

"The Pop-Up Book of Human Anatomy"

"Strangers Have the Best Candy"

"Whining, Kicking and Crying to Get Your Way"

"You Were an Accident"

"Things Rich Kids Have, But You Never Will"

"Pop! Goes The Hamster...And Other Great Microwave Games"

"The Man in the Moon Is Actually Satan"

"Your Nightmares Are Real"

"Eggs, Toilet Paper, and Your School"

"Why Can't Mr. Fork and Ms. Electrical Outlet Be Friends?"

"Places Where Mommy and Daddy Hide Neat Things"

"Daddy Drinks Because You Cry"

I deleted the ones that I found to be too ill-minded.. Since I was also a father.

OP
OP
TTLWHKR

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by rescuecpt@May 22 2005, 09:18 AM
Ok, so yesterday I'm walking around the Corps and I notice all the posters from the poster contest we had to kick off EMS week. I wish I could post some of them here, all I kept thinking were comments like the ones posted here...

There was a patient who looked like a gingerbread man, then there was a woman who was 5 times bigger than the EMTs (we must have called Brentwood for their doublewide, lol). Apparently, the ambulance corps owns several hospitals, because there were lots of pictures of the outside of hospitals - no EMTs or ambulances in sight.

My favorites though were two or three that looked like the ambulance was sinking into the ground (a big box with no wheels)... but what's super funny about that is my partner got an ambulance stuck in the mud on a median and had to be towed out by ESU... so now we call him "Stuck in the Mud"... so I took him in to see the drawings and told him these kids must have heard of him - then I ran away really fast before he could beat me.
We have winches on the ambulances that go to rural areas, so we don't have to call a tow truck.. :p

rescuecpt

Well, emergency services was on scene already, so it wasn't too big a deal, except that the bird had to wait while the pt was put into a 2nd rig for transport to the LZ.

rescuecpt

Originally posted by TTLWHKR@May 22 2005, 11:13 AM
"Dad's New Wife Robert"

These are my favorites. :D

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by TTLWHKR+May 22 2005, 12:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TTLWHKR @ May 22 2005, 12:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-rescuecpt@May 22 2005, 09:18 AM

We have winches on the ambulances that go to rural areas, so we don't have to call a tow truck.. :p [/b][/quote]
Nah. My favroite was a REALLY muddy day on the turnpike, when we got called in station by the crew working 2nd rescue on the turnpike for a bad MVA. Pt's all extricated when we get a call from the scene "Umm.... Lionville's rescue is stuck...and I guess we are too..." The chief at the time moonlights as a tow-truck driver, and usually works weekends. He and the EMS Capt. took his "little" towtruck (international chassis) back to the garage for a "big tow truck" (50 ton rated) and went up to the pike, hauled both Rescue trucks out of the mud on the side of the road, and all went home. Somehow the bumper on the rescue ended up at a 45-degree angle in the air bacause the spot welds holding the bottom on broke... note to self.... don't use those tow-hooks.

We still have the digital pictures for blackmail purposes.

Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@May 22 2005, 12:13 PM

"Dad's New Wife Robert"

"Some Kittens Can Fly"

"You Were an Accident"

I deleted the ones that I found to be too ill-minded.. Since I was also a father.
I went to school with a few kids who had these books growing up....

OP
OP
TTLWHKR

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+May 22 2005, 03:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ May 22 2005, 03:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TTLWHKR@May 22 2005, 12:13 PM

"Dad's New Wife Robert"

"Some Kittens Can Fly"

"You Were an Accident"

I went to school with a few kids who had these books growing up.... [/b][/quote]
You went to school with a child whose mothers name was Robert?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by TTLWHKR+May 22 2005, 05:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TTLWHKR @ May 22 2005, 05:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@May 22 2005, 03:14 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-TTLWHKR
@May 22 2005, 12:13 PM

"Dad's New Wife Robert"

"Some Kittens Can Fly"

"You Were an Accident"

You went to school with a child whose mothers name was Robert? [/b][/quote]
I'm not sure... but I think I had a few kids in school with two daddies or two mommies....

OP
OP
TTLWHKR

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+May 22 2005, 05:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ May 22 2005, 05:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@May 22 2005, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@May 22 2005, 03:14 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-TTLWHKR
@May 22 2005, 12:13 PM

"Dad's New Wife Robert"

"Some Kittens Can Fly"

"You Were an Accident"

You went to school with a child whose mothers name was Robert?
I'm not sure... but I think I had a few kids in school with two daddies or two mommies.... [/b][/quote]
What ever floats their boat...