Changing states - Florida to Georgia?

Jane

Forum Crew Member
Looking into the possibility of relocating to Georgia, north of Jacksonville. I played with the idea of trying to find a job in Jacksonville and just commuting the 90 mins from Sea Island to Jacksonville, but it looks like Jacksonville's service is Fire and EMS combined, which leaves me out.

I currently hold EMT license for Florida and National. What steps would I need to take to become licensed in Georgia? And can you keep licenses in multiple states?

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
If I am not mistaken, GA does not hire Basics for 911 services. You will only be employable at an inter-facility company.

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
If I am not mistaken, GA does not hire Basics for 911 services. You will only be employable at an inter-facility company.
Not true. Basics are fine for 911, although since we still have the Intermediate, its probably preferred but still see a ton of P/B trucks.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Interesting to know. I only speak from old info, we have threads on this site and another site where it says basics simply do not get hired for 911 and that was due to Intermediate being preferred and plenty.

OP
OP
Jane

Jane

Forum Crew Member
Thanks for the replies! I've been thinking it over, and I think that I'm staying put where I am and going to paramedic school here. I found out that Savannah is equally as far as Jacksonville is from where I would be, and supposedly the drive to Savannah is horrible. As well as literally only having to do a couple more General Ed classes on top of paramedic school to receive an Associate's degree in Emergency Medical Technology at the college I'm currently at.