CE online?

Valak

Forum Ride Along
Credited online CE recommendations? Need to get pretty much all requirements within the next 2 months.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Remember there's a limit for registry about pre recorded CE hours. You need live distance learning content

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
V

Valak

Forum Ride Along
Remember there's a limit for registry about pre recorded CE hours. You need live distance learning content

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Does a credible source offer that? First time renewing cert.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
There are several sources that offer virtual instructor led education. Google NREMT refresher online. It shoukd be approved F5 content.

captaindepth

Forum Lieutenant
" A maximum of 10 hours can be applied from Distributive Education (online, CECBEMS F3, video, or magazine based) towards this section* and must be state or CECBEMS approved"

* Refresher hours section (48 hours).

72 total hours of continuing education is required certify.

NomadicMedic

" A maximum of 10 hours can be applied from Distributive Education (online, CECBEMS F3, video, or magazine based) towards this section* and must be state or CECBEMS approved"

* Refresher hours section (48 hours).

72 total hours of continuing education is required certify.

Remember, there ARE fully online F5 options for a refresher. Do your research.

OP
OP
V

Valak

Forum Ride Along
Pardon my ignorance; I'm in a state that doesn't require national. Just keeping it in case.

How many hours of live CE is required and under what categories?

Also, what is typically put under "individual" CE?

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
@Valak You should clarify-- are you in a state that is participating in the NCCP?
https://www.nremt.org/rwd/public/states/state-ems-agencies
https://www.nremt.org/rwd/public/document/nccp

You referred to the "individual" category, which is a component of the NCCP, Note, the NCCP does not have a "refresher" component, but NCCR.

You should closely review your state EMS office's website-- for specific information about what classes are required, if you may take online (distance) education, and what providers are approved.

OP
OP
V

Valak

Forum Ride Along
@Valak You should clarify-- are you in a state that is participating in the NCCP?

You referred to the "individual" category, which is a component of the NCCP, Note, the NCCP does not have a "refresher" component, but NCCR.

You should closely review your state EMS office's website-- for specific information about what classes are required, if you may take online (distance) education, and what providers are approved.

Says my state is "active" with NCCP.

All I know is my NREMT profile has 3 categories for me to fill in with my CE. Local, individual, and national. And I still can't find an answer about how many live hours and for what categories I need.

NomadicMedic

Says my state is "active" with NCCP.

All I know is my NREMT profile has 3 categories for me to fill in with my CE. Local, individual, and national. And I still can't find an answer about how many live hours and for what categories I need.

Did you even read this? https://www.nremt.org/rwd/public/document/emt-recert

National: 20 hours, with the breakdown listed. Local: 10 hours with local guidelines and 10 hours of individual.

Jeebus man. Do you need us to fill out the form for you too?

NomadicMedic

Did you even read my post?

Someone mentioned you need LIVE training hours.

Again. Look at the link. For example, in the 20 hours of national content, "7 hours of distributive education may be applied in this category." That means 13 hours of content have to be live or F1, F2 or F5.
  • F1 = One time, live event, such as going to a Conference
  • F2 = Live event taught multiple times, such as in-person instruction (ACLS, or a CE class)
  • F3 (Distributive) = Any site that offers CE online or distributed learning via video or CD or print.
  • F5 = Virtual Instructor (online streaming) class

OP
OP
V

Valak

Forum Ride Along
Again. Look at the link. For example, in the 20 hours of national content, "7 hours of distributive education may be applied in this category." That means 13 hours of content have to be live or F1, F2 or F5.
  • F1 = One time, live event, such as going to a Conference
  • F2 = Live event taught multiple times, such as in-person instruction (ACLS, or a CE class)
  • F3 (Distributive) = Any site that offers CE online or distributed learning via video or CD or print.
  • F5 = Virtual Instructor (online streaming) class

Thanks, sugar

OP
OP
V

Valak

Forum Ride Along
So I'm trying to get my 10 hours of online and I can't find a CE site that offers courses in the overly specific categories for national: tourniquets, "role of research," "culture of safety," etc.

This is a pain in the ***.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
CAPCE (formerly CECBEMS) is the major CME accrediting body for EMS accepted by the NREMT and most states. You can find all accredited CME (both online and in person) on their website http://capce.org/