Cayenne pepper for MI????

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
So I was talking to a friend because I have been doing some research on the effects of epi during a MI. He is in no way in the medical field and asked if I had ever heard of using cayenne pepper to stop a heart attack. I never have so I went to google and here is what I found. http://www.herballegacy.com/Cayenne.html What are your thoughts on this?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I had chest pain the other day then I stubbed my big toe and the chest pain went away. The stubbed toe cured me from my heart attack. I recommend a nice stubbed toe to all my chest pain patients.

Chest pain doesn't equal an MI. Chest pain = Chest pain.

If I'm not mistaken the pain from an MI is due to ischemia (oxygen not reaching a certain part of the heart and there for death of heart muscle).

The patient needs the blockage removed in order for oxygen to reach the effected area of the heart causing the ischemia to stop not "real food".

OP
OP
E

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
I understand what a MI is and what needs to be done to correct it also. I was just almost dumb founded that the person who wrote that article actually believes that cayenne pepper can stop a heart attack. And his article is not the only one.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
So... they suggest pepper spray over nitro spray?

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Personally, I use Sriracha instead of Nitro paste. That :censored::censored::censored::censored: is magical

intellectualfish

Forum Crew Member
MImeme.jpg