Can you Imagine the Apple watch monitoring Blood Glucose levels?

Kavsuvb

Forum Captain
Can you imagine one day, Apple watches monitoring your Blood Glucose Level? Apple is working on the technology and we in the EMS world could see this coming down the road in the very near future.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
It seems only logical for it to keep progressing. It already records your heart rate, can do an EKG, can monitor your SpO2, and also monitors your body temperature. I wouldn’t be surprised if they find a way to monitor blood pressures without having a bulky cuff.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
It seems only logical for it to keep progressing. It already records your heart rate, can do an EKG, can monitor your SpO2, and also monitors your body temperature. I wouldn’t be surprised if they find a way to monitor blood pressures without having a bulky cuff.
It does raise some serious privacy concerns, especially in regards to the Third Party Doctrine. What's to stop law enforcement from obtaining your health data that Apple has on file for you?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
It does raise some serious privacy concerns, especially in regards to the Third Party Doctrine. What's to stop law enforcement from obtaining your health data that Apple has on file for you?
Apple has a pretty good track record for not providing information to the police which has sometimes gotten them into some hot water (e.g. refusing to unlock phones of the San Bernardino terrorists).

My guess is they would make it so all the health data is stored solely on the device and/or iCloud and encrypted with only the user having the key.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Apple has a pretty good track record for not providing information to the police which has sometimes gotten them into some hot water (e.g. refusing to unlock phones of the San Bernardino terrorists).

My guess is they would make it so all the health data is stored solely on the device and/or iCloud and encrypted with only the user having the key.
You say that and it may have been the case so far, but that doesn't mean it can't or won't change.

OP
OP
Kavsuvb

Kavsuvb

Forum Captain
I would not be surprised if Apple Engineers are working on a way to Monitor Blood pressure via Apple watch.