Can Someone Please Please Please

Trauma's Mistress

Forum Crew Member
Hi :)

I know , i know its been a while since I have been on this thing. Im sorry, Ive just been very busy. Anyways the reason I am here is to ask someone who has much better skills to do something for me, well for all of us,

I was watching TV the other night and I heard this song " Run This Town" but as I watched the preview of the movie , I couldn't get the images of ambulance doors closings. streets, night shift, someone doing cpr , etc etc etc. I dont have much money but Im willing to put something towards a music video for the song " Run This Town"b Jay Z. Ft Rhianna . It may seem corny to some, but if you think about it, or at least see it like i see it. Whos gonna run our towns? I think we as EMS personnel do a lot and I think that if someone could put a music video together using that song. I dont know, maybe it will grow legs and be seen all over the country, to show the real fights and struggles we deal with every day. Just an idea.

Thanks all

CountryEMT-bGurl

Forum Lieutenant
Great thought,

BUT.................

Read the lyrics to this song. I dont believe they would be approperate nor professional to put EMS attached to that!
I know I wouldnt want people to associate those lyrics with my title!

Not trying to be mean, just sayn'

A good song I believe would be approperate would be "The Fray-How to save a Life" BUt then again, maybe it wouldn't. Thats just my thought and suggestion. But it may not be the type of music you enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Trauma's Mistress

Trauma's Mistress

Forum Crew Member
The only part I am really focusing on is the lyric " whos gonna run this town tonight" Obviously editing out the bat parts would be a good idea.

OP
OP
Trauma's Mistress

Trauma's Mistress

Forum Crew Member
I am referring to the work we do. Ok never mind everyone it was just a thought. If I knew how to delete this thread . i would.

SanDiegoEmt7

Forum Captain
Sounds like a youtube video I've probably seen. Different pictures of EMS found on google, transitioning with powerpoint/movie maker effects, and Rihanna playing in the background.

Seems like you could make this happen without any money at all, seeing as you have a computer.

I think that nice letters of EMS printed in news editorials, open houses at Fire stations and medical services, and other things do a better job at making the public appreciate our services.

Or maybe just a positive attitude and true empathy when helping people in bad situations.

my .02

OP
OP
Trauma's Mistress

Trauma's Mistress

Forum Crew Member
Sounds like a youtube video I've probably seen. Different pictures of EMS found on google, transitioning with powerpoint/movie maker effects, and Rihanna playing in the background.

Seems like you could make this happen without any money at all, seeing as you have a computer.

I think that nice letters of EMS printed in news editorials, open houses at Fire stations and medical services, and other things do a better job at making the public appreciate our services.

Or maybe just a positive attitude and true empathy when helping people in bad situations.

my .02

The problem is. I am not good at that kind of stuff haha but glad you saw what I am thinking

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
Holy crap, I haven't listened to Thrice in forever.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I just recently found out about Thrice because of that song actually.

mct601

RN/NRP
I wish a video dedicated to EVERYONE in public service - military, law enforcement, fire, EMS - could be made out of Citizen/Soldier by 3 Doors Down. Granted, its a song dedicated to the troops by them, but honestly I think it can apply to anyone in those lines of work.

Beyond the boundaries of your city's lights,
Stand the heroes waiting for your cries.
So many times you did not bring this on yourself,
When that moment finally comes,
I'll be there to help.

On that day when you need your brothers and sisters to care,
I'll be right here.
Citizen soldiers holding the light for the ones that we guide from the dark of despair.
Standing on guard for the ones that we sheltered,
We'll always be ready because we will always be there.

When there are people crying in the streets,
When they're starving for a meal to eat,
When they simply need a place to make their beds,
Right here underneath my wing,
You can rest your head.

I'll be right here!
Citizen soldiers holding the light for the ones that we guide from the dark of despair.
We'll always be ready because we will always be there...

There... there... there...

Hope and pray that you'll never need me,
But rest assured I will not let you down.
I'll walk beside you but you may not see me,
The strongest among you may not wear a crown.

I'll be right here!
On that day when you don't have the strength for the burden you bear,
I'll be right here!
(Citizen soldiers)
We'll always be ready because we will always be there

But thats my opinion. Great song (IMO) either way.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Ugh.

el Murpharino

Forum Captain

I concur. I don't want/need any songs or poems written on my behalf. There is a subculture of paraprofessionals who identify with them and need them on a t-shirt or bumper sticker...but it's not for me, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

AnthonyM83

Forum Asst. Chief
We don't really run the town, though...PD, the crooks, and the money makers do. We clean up the messes.