Can I still become an EMT

OP
OP
Midnight786

Midnight786

Forum Probie
You'll see once you work there (if you ever test)
What makes you say I won't test? I've already been preparing for it ... There is some online prepatory website called emtprep that I've been using to study for ... Plus I am not taking many college hours this semester so I do have time to review etc

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
More than a year of excuses and procrastination say you wont.

RocketMedic

The latter. If you've delayed a test designed for eighth graders by a year or two, I doubt you'll go through with it this time either.

OP
OP
Midnight786

Midnight786

Forum Probie
The latter. If you've delayed a test designed for eighth graders by a year or two, I doubt you'll go through with it this time either.
Um OK?... Because it's designed for either graders ... And because all I need is a bit of review I am going to take the test... With all due respect ... Don't assume things ... I just made this thread to make sure I still can at this time... So now that I know I still can doesn't say I'm gonna leave something unfinished ... Plus A LOT can happen in a year ... So now that things are easier I'll take advantage of my time ... Thank you

RocketMedic

I'm not saying you can't do it. I'm predicting that you won't.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Well you've procrastinated taking a few hours out of your day to take what's essentially your final exam for a class you invested ~120-150 hours into already, yet couldn't find the time to invest those last couple hours over such a long period of time...

Besides if I recall correctly you need an "Authorization to Test"letter from your EMT school to take the NREMT in the fist place, do you even know where yours is? Is there an expiration date on it? After all the studying and practicing for tests when you were in class are you so supremely confident in your memory of the knowledge to pass a final exam without having touched the material in a year and a half?

OP
OP
Midnight786

Midnight786

Forum Probie
Well you've procrastinated taking a few hours out of your day to take what's essentially your final exam for a class you invested ~120-150 hours into already, yet couldn't find the time to invest those last couple hours over such a long period of time...

Besides if I recall correctly you need an "Authorization to Test"letter from your EMT school to take the NREMT in the fist place, do you even know where yours is? Is there an expiration date on it? After all the studying and practicing for tests when you were in class are you so supremely confident in your memory of the knowledge to pass a final exam without having touched the material in a year and a half?
I have authorization from my school yes... Unfortunately they shut the EMT program down but I do have authorization ... And idk... I have been putting out at least an hour and a half a day and studied ... The best way I've been doing is reading 2-3 chapters and then taking tests... Memorizing vocabs and procedures ... Watching videos and lectures ...

OP
OP
Midnight786

Midnight786

Forum Probie
I have authorization from my school yes... Unfortunately they shut the EMT program down but I do have authorization ... And idk... I have been putting out at least an hour and a half a day and studied ... The best way I've been doing is reading 2-3 chapters and then taking tests... Memorizing vocabs and procedures ... Watching videos and lectures ...
What do u think ultimately I should do...

Never2Old

Forum Crew Member
Oh I passed my skill test at my course ... I passed that fluently ...but I was just worried about if I still can take the NREMT

Approved course and letter to test are good for two years, BUT the practicals are only good for one year. NREMT will require you to test again on your practicals prior to certification in your situation.

wilderness911

paramedic student
What do u think ultimately I should do...

Dude. Don't base decisions of any importance to you off of the opinion of people you don't know on the internet. If you want to take the test, call the NREMT and attempt to schedule the test. If there is something you need to accomplish before you can test they will tell you, and you can either take care of it or not. Asking the same question 6 times with minor variation isn't going to get you anywhere beyond where you are now.

This thread is so painful that I have developed a headache and fibromyalgia flare up that is a 10/10 on the pain scale. I am allergic to NSAIDs and acetaminophen, and the only thing that helps is that IV medicine that starts with a d...can anyone help a brother out!?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief