Cache of weapons found at EMT's home

imurphy

Forum Captain
I was actually just on my way in to a patient when this came on the news:

ROCKPORT, Mass. -- The discovery of weapons, ammunition, and prescription drugs at a home in Rockport has triggered some trouble for a part-time EMT.

James Atkinson, 47, has been arrested twice this month.

Initially, he was charged with larceny and witness intimidation. His license to carry fire arms was suspended, and while he did turn in some guns over to authorities, police were still suspicious he had more.

On Sunday, officers executed a search warrant -- breaking down his door and raiding his home.

Full story:
http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO131400/

Luno

OG
Premium Member
F'k'n hilarious... 1000 rounds of .22 is nothing, 1000 rounds for his rocket launcher is a complete different story... I'd be interested in exactly how he finds the spies that he hunts... Especially hunting with a rocket launcher and a .22, talk about bring a jackhammer and a 2 oz. finishing hammer to try to build a house.

spinnakr

Forum Lieutenant
Yea seriously, looked in the video like he had about a dozen tear grenades and maybe some rockets.

How the hell did he get a rocket launcher?!

Speaking of which... "hunting spies" with a rocket launcher? Sounds real effective.

JPINFV

Gadfly
atf-731024.jpg

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Maybe he had all that stuff for scene safety? ;)

especially the AT-4

Jeffrey_169

Forum Lieutenant
Yea seriously, looked in the video like he had about a dozen tear grenades and maybe some rockets.

How the hell did he get a rocket launcher?!

Speaking of which... "hunting spies" with a rocket launcher? Sounds real effective.

Believe it or not it is perfectly legal to own certain rocket launchers. A friend of mine had a M203 on his AR-15, but the only ordinance he could legally have was flares, smoke, or dummies. You can also legally own a similar launcher called a 37mm grenade launcher, however ordinance other then flares and dummies is prohibited without the proper permits.

I am all for civilian gun ownership, but dog on...even for me this is a little extreme.

Last edited by a moderator: