But, I'm a pilot.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Treat the plane not the monitor.

While I am of the mindset of most, I think that fixing EMS and making it more.... professional.... would do more wonders for EMS rather than tearing into the carpenters. Because the carpenters aren't going anywhere, people will always need houses.

Increasing barriers to EMS will allow for higher education, reduced supply, higher wages, better bargaining power, and an overall evolution of the profession. Mandatory degrees, age restrictions (21)for paramedic, required patient contact hours prior to moving up, etc.

Like I said, I don't like fire based EMS either, but if you engage the same enemy for too long he will adapt to your tactics. Let's pick the battlefield, and make ourselves better.

Summit

Critical Crazy
rather than tearing into the carpenters. Because the carpenters aren't going anywhere, people will always need houses.

Increasing barriers to EMS will allow for higher education, reduced supply, higher wages, better bargaining power, and an overall evolution of the profession. Mandatory degrees, age restrictions (21)for paramedic, required patient contact hours prior to moving up, etc
The carpenters don't want higher training standards for pilots because that would affect their bottom line and ability to own the flying business

Operations Guy

Supreme Overlord
693d7f6dae245e2d1a784c82f1f42efc.jpg

Then you have nonsense like this. So now your a carpenter, pilot, and a bomb squad tech?

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Then you have nonsense like this. So now your a carpenter, pilot, and a bomb squad tech?

Honestly, why not? Just another specialized resource. Seems to go along with the hazmat stuff.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Honestly, why not? Just another specialized resource. Seems to go along with the hazmat stuff.
Yea, I always though people with HAZMAT backgrounds should probably deal with bombs filled with you know, hazardous materials.

Operations Guy

Supreme Overlord
It's different if it's joint thing between police/fire venture. Fire is not trained in evidence collection. That is why most HAZMAT teams are police/fire. Also a HAZMAT situation is different then a Bomb disposal one.