Brother cheated

Chelsea10

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys and gals my idiot brother cheated on his paramedic exam for nremt, Pearson . Is he going to be able to retest or is he going to have to find a new career choice ?

OP
OP
C

Chelsea10

Forum Ride Along
Yea I completely went off on him because of the same thing . And offered to tutor him if he is able to test again as I have been a medic for more 5 years .

Gurby

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm really curious what he did - I can't think of how you would even go about cheating on the NREMT. They make you empty your pockets before going into the room, and then you're on camera the whole time you're taking the test. Go to the bathroom and look up a single question on the phone you stashed in your underwear?

OP
OP
C

Chelsea10

Forum Ride Along
He used his phone to look up a question apparently and got caught I don't know if he had it on him or if he was in the bathroom .
Is he going to be able to retest ?

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
Chelsea10, you and your brother are both students? Tell your brother it's unlikely anyone who hasn't cheated would know the answer to his question, and he should probably ask the Registry what happens next.

So, after five years as a medic, what are you studying?

OP
OP
C

Chelsea10

Forum Ride Along
I don't know what you are insinuating, but I study to become a better medic every single day.

OP
OP
C

Chelsea10

Forum Ride Along
I made this thread for him about an hour ago sorry I went through as fast as I did and put I am a student .

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Plot twist!!!

Chelsea IS "the brother..." and is freaking out right now!

Wow....getting caught looking up "a question"...as in one question (implied). What question was so tough that one would need to run to the bathroom and look up? Why that ONE question? Hmmmm....me thinks there is more to the story, as there always is.

To be continued...

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Continuing sooner than planned...if I were a 5 year medic and my brother tried to follow my steps, I could assure you he would never need a reason to cheat on a final (I mean he already graduated the program itself right?).

Second, if my brother did do something like this, I would not be creating threads and seeking answers on his behalf. He absolutely would be on his own if he chose to try again somehow if rules allow.

And then the typo (Freudian slip?) of calling yourself a student in your rush to get answers on his behalf. Hmmmm...

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Whoever cheats, should get to steppin'.
01F91D96-120A-4A2E-A396-51D32CB48001.gif

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Definitely raises questions of integrity

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Hopefully he needs to find another career. There's no room in this one for someone like him

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Tough crowd...not condoning cheating. Some discipline is in order, but if one bonehead move is sufficient for a lifetime ban, there'd be a lot of job openings all of a sudden...

The student allegedly cheated on the certification exam. Don't you think that should disqualify someone from the qualification? Shouldn't we aim for a higher standard in EMS?

As an educator, academic dishonesty is prevalent, but the solution isn't lowering our standards.

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
The student allegedly cheated on the certification exam. Don't you think that should disqualify someone from the qualification? Shouldn't we aim for a higher standard in EMS?

As an educator, academic dishonesty is prevalent, but the solution isn't lowering our standards.

Lowering standards would be making the test easier so less people would feel the need to cheat. Not suggesting that at all. I get that a life time ban would be a pretty potent incentive to not take the chance, but then the strict conditions under which folks take the test is recognition that dishonest people take and pass the test.

I suppose if you support a ban, it should be because the individual in question was too dumb not to get caught, not because he succumbed to a dumb temptation. If a moral fitness, one strike and you're out standard would be enforced, entire services and departments would close.

Just my opinion, make the punishment just and painful, but an outright ban doesn't seem right.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
but an outright ban doesn't seem right.

If you can’t trust someone taking a test how would you trust that individual with someone’s husband, wife, son, or daughter?

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
E-Tank...

You are accused of a crime you did not commit. Your lawyer cheated on the bar exam. You good with that?
Taxes are due on your successful yet small business. Your CPA cheated on the certification exam. You good with that?
Pipes break in your house, money is tight. Your plumber cheated on his certification. You good with that?

Do not get me wrong. I am not taking the superior morality approach here...I do not deal in absolutes to this extreme. This is an initial certification exam! Demonstrate basic competency so that you may go out and make mistakes and continue to learn....how/why do you need to cheat on this exam??