BEWARE ER Ambulance of El Cajon, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
R

RollingGuy

Forum Ride Along
I just called back by the SD EMSA. They are NOT happy with how I was assigned to be Patient Person in the back while the only paid employee was the driver, which means that I was not protected by the company and my untrained status could endanger patients. From my phone conversation, it turns out that they have received other complaints like this in the past and mine was one more that will prompt them to investigate.

Please note that I'm not coming here for sympathy; I'm coming here to warn other EMTs that could potentially be exploited. This is a win/win scam for ERA, and I'm not amused by how the management disdains hardworking EMTs like yourself by getting away with this.

Last edited by a moderator:

RESQGUY

Forum Crew Member
So, what was the reason you weren't offered the position. I mean, since your name droping and all. Was your ride along on Tuesday ? I remember hearing about some kid who D***Ed up a bunch of county forms. So if you deemed it to unsafe or dangerous to be alone in the back w/ the Pt, why did you do it. If you were quoting EMS traits earlier, why didn't you voice your concern for being the PT person. If you didn't like it or were unsure in your abilities why SD you sign your I # ??

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
A $150 sign on bonus? Really? That attracts people?

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
So, what was the reason you weren't offered the position. I mean, since your name droping and all. Was your ride along on Tuesday ? I remember hearing about some kid who D***Ed up a bunch of county forms. So if you deemed it to unsafe or dangerous to be alone in the back w/ the Pt, why did you do it. If you were quoting EMS traits earlier, why didn't you voice your concern for being the PT person. If you didn't like it or were unsure in your abilities why SD you sign your I # ??

As if more evidence of a lack of education was needed....

Third rides for employment are sketchy at best, using a potential employee as minimum staffing on a crew is unethical, possibly illegal and asking for trouble. If this was ever asked of me the dust cloud left by my departure would be impressive to say the least...

Monkey

Forum Lieutenant

Would you really expect a ride along to know how to properly do county forms? I know EMT's that have been on the job a month or so that still struggle.

RESQGUY

Forum Crew Member
Exactly... right, why would you go if you were that unsure of the scenario? I'm not saying its right. I'm not a fan of the S**T talking after the fact. That's all, All he should have done was open his mouth, if his gut feeling was don't do it, then walk. Some people like the the opportunity, know there skills & protocols and handle it. Everyone is different.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Exactly... right, why would you go if you were that unsure of the scenario? I'm not saying its right. I'm not a fan of the S**T talking after the fact. That's all, All he should have done was open his mouth, if his gut feeling was don't do it, then walk. Some people like the the opportunity, know there skills & protocols and handle it. Everyone is different.

Some people are also massively overconfident in what a short course teaches them. Anyone who thinks this is an "opportunity" to do anything other than massively muck things up for the company and themselves is delusional.

This is not the practice of a reputable organization.

JPINFV

Gadfly
What's it like way up there on that PARAMEDIC THRONE ??? Is it lonely......

lol_wut1.jpg

WTEngel

M.Sc., OMS-I
Premium Member
RESQ, do you work for the company in question? Just wondering... You seem to be very defensive.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
What's it like way up there on that PARAMEDIC THRONE ??? Is it lonely......

Since my certification level has anything to do with this...

Even the BLS volley department I started with that was chronically understaffed and scratched calls on occasion understood there needed to be a training period. Understand that if someone who is inadequately trained screws the pooch and causes the company to have a judgement placed against them you may be out of a job.

If it worked for you great. Your in the minority though.

RESQGUY

Forum Crew Member
Yeah, I do. To be honest, I think it is what it is, the only point I was trying to make is, be a big boy before you sign the papers and go on the ride. It's not a big deal to walk. If you don't feel right about it, cool..

JPINFV

Gadfly
Yeah, I do. To be honest, I think it is what it is, the only point I was trying to make is, be a big boy before you sign the papers and go on the ride. It's not a big deal to walk. If you don't feel right about it, cool..

So, could you clarify something. To the best of your knowledge, is the applicant doing an audition ride always teamed up with two other people, or does it ever happen where it's just one employee and an applicant doing an audition ride along?

RESQGUY

Forum Crew Member
usalsfyre,

I understand the repercussions of poor PT care, to you, your partner and company.

the_negro_puppy

Forum Asst. Chief

You have not offered any counter argument to what the OP has said, other than try to assassinate his character. You are on the defensive because your employer has possibly been exposed performing unethical work practices.

abandonthreadz.gif

RESQGUY

Forum Crew Member
You have not offered any counter argument to what the OP has said, other than try to assassinate his character. You are on the defensive because your employer has possibly been exposed performing unethical work practices.

Assassinate his character? The poster hasn't responded to any questions I've asked. If he could paint a better picture of why he wasn't offered a job that could help clear some things up. I'm on the " Defensive" because I'm pretty positive the post would have never came to be if he was hired..

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
This entire thread is about character assassination, and as such it is closed.

adminsn1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.