Beta CCP-C Test

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Was talking in 100% directionless about the beta CCP-C test. It is at a discounted price $175 and you have to wait until October for the test results. I just paid and waiting for an e-mail to schedule the test. I'm gonna aim to take it hopefully soon and let you guys know what I think.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Was talking in 100% directionless about the beta CCP-C test. It is at a discounted price $175 and you have to wait until October for the test results. I just paid and waiting for an e-mail to schedule the test. I'm gonna aim to take it hopefully soon and let you guys know what I think.
What’s your plan of study? Are you just going to wing it like @DesertMedic66 mentioned? How long ago did you take your FP-C? Do you feel like most of that knowledge base is still within your wheelhouse?

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Paid and approved, waiting to schedule.

I will likely browse through my notes from FPC study but my knowledge of invasive monitoring, lab interpretation, cardiac devices, and ventilator strategy has greatly improved since taking FPC.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Paid and waiting for approval. Shall be interesting

OP
OP
A

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
What’s your plan of study? Are you just going to wing it like @DesertMedic66 mentioned? How long ago did you take your FP-C? Do you feel like most of that knowledge base is still within your wheelhouse?
I got FP-C in March I think. Not too long ago. When I took the test, I had no critical care experience and a lot of the stuff I learned felt like Poke'mon cards. 50 mg Charizard IV push followed by 1 mg/kg/hr Bulbasaur infusion for 6 hours unless the patient has a Pikachu. I just knew the rules to the "game", but didn't have any protocols/guidelines to follow, never seen/touched the stuff. I had taken a flight company test, killed it in a good way, and it mislead me to think that FP-C would go just as well. Took the test and realized I was wrong. Definitely thought I lost like $400 (forget exact amount) walking out and was surprised to pass, lol. I didn't feel confident in a lot of my answers so hoping that I will this time. I felt lucky to pass and hope that's changed. Hemodynamic/invasive monitor felt like my greatest weakness and I feel a lot better about that stuff now, but I also didn't get a lot of hemodynamic questions anyways.

My game plan is to review over the two study guide books I have and practice using ACE SAT by Wingfield. I have an ASTNA Patient Transport book, has a 180 question online practice test that I felt was similar to FP-C so practice with that when by a computer. At the moment, I am most concern with ground CAMTS questions since a lot of stuff I studied targeted flight. My current job has a lot of online training or homework, done drills at work with preceptors, so feeling that will probably help. Honestly sick of hearing RSI/ventilator stuff, haha. Gone over that almost too much I feel like. XD They flew me to a city to do drills I think required by CAMTS so I think that will also help.

Since taking the FP-C, I finished FlightBridgeED (requirement of my new job post finishing orientation). I had been midway through it and already did IA Med. Maybe I'll try The ResQ Shop as well since I liked ACE SAT. Considering trying it. Couldn't hurt to learn/review more other than it is expensive.

I've been a flight medic for only 2 months now.

Last edited:

Scott33

Forum Asst. Chief
Paid and waiting for approval. Shall be interesting
Same here.

I let mine expire several years ago, but what the hell. I'm curious as to how they have changed the exam and how it stands up to it's big brother, the FP-C. I initially took both exams within a couple of months of each other and said at the time that they were equally as challenging.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I've taken 2 Beta exams (not the CCP, as I am grossly unqualified), and am waiting on the results from a 3rd, and think that they are absolutely worth it. if you don't need the cert for a job, take them. My exams were $350 each, so for $50, it was a no-brainer. The biggest drawback (aside from questionable test questions because it is a beta) is waiting for the results. My Cloud+ exam was taken in October 2020... the results were FINALLY released earlier this month.

Most study materials involve using the current versions and hoping and praying they haven't changed the content that the test is based on. Take some practice exams, and ensure none of the objectives have changed too much.

One thing I have found (and heard from others) is tests, in general not just CCP, get harder with every revision. So if you need a test for your current job, or for an upcoming promotion, take the existing exam. If you don't need the cert currently, don't have an urgent need for the cert to advance your career, or just want to give it a shot at a discounted price, take the beta.

OP
OP
A

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I've taken 2 Beta exams (not the CCP, as I am grossly unqualified), and am waiting on the results from a 3rd, and think that they are absolutely worth it. if you don't need the cert for a job, take them. My exams were $350 each, so for $50, it was a no-brainer. The biggest drawback (aside from questionable test questions because it is a beta) is waiting for the results. My Cloud+ exam was taken in October 2020... the results were FINALLY released earlier this month.

Most study materials involve using the current versions and hoping and praying they haven't changed the content that the test is based on. Take some practice exams, and ensure none of the objectives have changed too much.

One thing I have found (and heard from others) is tests, in general not just CCP, get harder with every revision. So if you need a test for your current job, or for an upcoming promotion, take the existing exam. If you don't need the cert currently, don't have an urgent need for the cert to advance your career, or just want to give it a shot at a discounted price, take the beta.
I was thinking the opposite with CCP. The first time pass rate is pretty low so I would think they'd make it easier.

Yeah, I was stressing about FP-C. I didn't need it immediately for a job, but you can only take it twice without anyone signing you off and a total of six times I think. I've read of people failing and failing. I could picture myself getting a job and losing it because of failure to get the cert. For me, this will be stress free because I don't need it, but was interested in getting. It was something I was interested in getting for ground CCT, but the ground CCT provider I was looking at uses CCEMTP. It did mention advance certs so I was thinking of asking if FP-C was acceptable.

OP
OP
A

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Well, I was dumb and uploaded a pic of my expired medic cert. I uploaded the new one, e-mailed them, and they said to expect a scheduling e-mail.

I'm studying neonates today. I felt like my FP-C was heavy with neonate questions (even though there is suppose to be a certain amount of each category I think?).

Not sure how to study CAMTS without reading all of version 11. It's like 170 something pages. Anyone know of an outline?

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Well, I was dumb and uploaded a pic of my expired medic cert. I uploaded the new one, e-mailed them, and they said to expect a scheduling e-mail.

I'm studying neonates today. I felt like my FP-C was heavy with neonate questions (even though there is suppose to be a certain amount of each category I think?).

Not sure how to study CAMTS without reading all of version 11. It's like 170 something pages. Anyone know of an outline?
Contact with dispatch every 45 minutes.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I was one who it took a few years (and tries) to pass. I’d take it seriously then put it on the back burner.

I always felt like all of the prep courses said the same thing about it, which is “It’s just like the FP-C, but just take our flight phys. model out of the equation and you’ll be fine”. I found this utterly frustrating.

Enter IA MED, which actually spent time and lectures specifically on ground questions. There isn’t a whole lot of time spent, if that says anything.

The test(s) I experienced were very heavy on airway questions. Some random stuff about Haddon’s Matrix and other odds and ends of the CAMTS ground requirements.

If you have access to IA MED, I’d highly recommend brushing up on those modules specifically. And, obviously whatever other deficiencies you’ve had.

Here’s a link to a podcast that was also very helpful to me regarding the CAMTS stuff without having to gouge your eyes out reading the whole manual:
Listen to the last 5 or so minutes the most and utilize the show notes. If the link doesn’t work, search TipsFromCrit and click on their podcast section.

Good luck to all of you.

OP
OP
A

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Yeap, I got IA Med and FlightBridgeED. I felt like both were intros rather than good preps for FP-C. I felt under prepared when I took FP-C. I still have access to both IA Med and FlightBridgeED. I got both of their study guide books. I listen to the podcast. Thanks!

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Yeap, I got IA Med and FlightBridgeED. I felt like both were intros rather than good preps for FP-C. I felt under prepared when I took FP-C. I still have access to both IA Med and FlightBridgeED. I got both of their study guide books. I listen to the podcast. Thanks!
The prep courses not even 10 years ago were much less inclusive.

Aside from a full semesters-worth of critical care info in college courses like Creighton or the U of F, I don’t know how much more in depth they can get.

Remember, the old guard passed these exams off of books alone.

OP
OP
A

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I can schedule my test. Debating about taking it between 7/5 - 7/8 or the following week I have off 7/12 - 715. I am studying and doing practice tests so I think I might benefit waiting an extra week or two. Even though I don't need it, I still want to pass.

OP
OP
A

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Update... elgibity number didn't work for me either. Message sent to Prometric, but it said 5-7 business days. I was trying to schedule for 7/7. I called them and they said you gotta wait until the profile is updated or something. What a pain.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I'm still waiting for my eligibility number to be available in the system.
Update... elgibity number didn't work for me either. Message sent to Prometric, but it said 5-7 business days. I was trying to schedule for 7/7. I called them and they said you gotta wait until the profile is updated or something. What a pain.
It Beta be worth it then, huh?…

OP
OP
A

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
It Beta be worth it then, huh?…
Well hopefully they let me schedule tomorrow so I can do the 7th. I only work 2 days a week so I have a pretty open schedule.