Best Work Boots?

LenaLena26

Forum Probie
Hi all,

I'm a new EMT just wanting to know what are the best (and most comfortable) shoes to work in based on your experiences? I don't mind spending a few extra dollars if it means they'll be comfortable, long lasting and reliable. Any feedback is appreciated.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
We cover this every few weeks. :) you can search for "best boots".

I like 5.11 ATAC boots. Inexpensive and relatively long lasting.

OP
OP
LenaLena26

LenaLena26

Forum Probie
We cover this every few weeks. :) you can search for "best boots".

I like 5.11 ATAC boots. Inexpensive and relatively long lasting.

ha! thanks.. I just stumbled upon this sit and figured i'd ask :)

thank you VERY much for answering :)

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
No problem. It's just funny... Boots, stethoscopes, how to get hied in CA and how get hired with a criminal record are are most asked questions.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Any boot I can fit an ankle holster into is fine with me ;)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
No problem. It's just funny... Boots, stethoscopes, how to get hied in CA and how get hired with a criminal record are are most asked questions.
And lately its also been "Do you really need a drivers license as a basic?"

OnceAnEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
I've got 6" 5.11 Tactical boots that I got from a standard issue store. Can't remember what specific model, but they're side zip, very water resistant if not proof, and are amazingly comfortable.

ThadeusJ

Forum Lieutenant
I've been told "Red Back" are amazing but have personally not tried them. My 5.11 ATAC's are incredibly comfortable and water tight as well. One of the most comfortable ones for my feet anyway.

TattooedNay

Forum Crew Member
LOVE my 10" Rocky paraboots. Takes a while to break them in but they last for years and shine up nicely!!

OP
OP
LenaLena26

LenaLena26

Forum Probie
Got these bad boys
gy4umana.jpg

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
8" Oakley SI's. Feels like a tennis shoe, waterproof, not polishable but they just wipe off.

burnsmh

Forum Crew Member
Hi all,

I'm a new EMT just wanting to know what are the best (and most comfortable) shoes to work in based on your experiences? I don't mind spending a few extra dollars if it means they'll be comfortable, long lasting and reliable. Any feedback is appreciated.

I am going to double as an EMT-B / Petrochemical Operator and I got these.

They are VERY comfortable, well made, breathe well and most important safe! I would suggest these.

Timberland PRO Men's Gravel Pit 10" Steel Toe Waterproof Boot (Search amazon for them, I can't post a link yet)

Waterproof, steel toe, 10", slip/oil resistant, punchier proof, comfortable, great material, life-time free laces with mail-in offer and they have a special grip by the heel that grips onto ladders. Only thing they aren't is fireproof.

InNoViSiOn

Forum Crew Member
Hey, that DL question person is me :p

8" Oakley SI's. Feels like a tennis shoe, waterproof, not polishable but they just wipe off.

I bought a pair from oakley si. I don't have any experience in EMS, but have been a infantryman in the national guard and a few guys in my unit have sworn by oakley boots. I did some research and found some negative reviews about the sole coming lose after 6 months and stitching issues. I hoped they had solved that but have learned they have not. This stupid video sold me on the assault boots http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvOThOENE94

The boot is comfortable no doubt. But the sole has already started to come off a little bit on my left boot. The leather got scratched very easily one day when dragged my foot barely a couple inches after a long day when I was tired (I know my fault, but still.. The tip looks like crap now). The sole grip on the bottom still have plenty, but just looking at it I can tell it will wear fast.

Goes to show that just because a company makes particular high quality items in one category doesn't mean they necessarily will in another. Marketing got me from oakley. I'll stick with oakley sunglasses, but that is all.

I've had altamas(issued very crappy), rockys, danners, and blackhawks. I'm going to be buying a black pair of danners when I start working in a couple months. Danners have never failed me.

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
Hey, that DL question person is me :p

I bought a pair from oakley si. I don't have any experience in EMS, but have been a infantryman in the national guard and a few guys in my unit have sworn by oakley boots. I did some research and found some negative reviews about the sole coming lose after 6 months and stitching issues. I hoped they had solved that but have learned they have not. This stupid video sold me on the assault boots http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvOThOENE94

The boot is comfortable no doubt. But the sole has already started to come off a little bit on my left boot. The leather got scratched very easily one day when dragged my foot barely a couple inches after a long day when I was tired (I know my fault, but still.. The tip looks like crap now). The sole grip on the bottom still have plenty, but just looking at it I can tell it will wear fast.

Goes to show that just because a company makes particular high quality items in one category doesn't mean they necessarily will in another. Marketing got me from oakley. I'll stick with oakley sunglasses, but that is all.

I've had altamas(issued very crappy), rockys, danners, and blackhawks. I'm going to be buying a black pair of danners when I start working in a couple months. Danners have never failed me.

You have a different pair than me. I have no leather on my boots. They have some velvety feeling stuff on them.

RALS504

Forum Lieutenant
Danner Ft Lewis leather boots, pricey but worth it. I have rebuilt them twice since I got them in 2004. I still use them on duty today.