best way to become RN(nurse) from EMT-b

I have heard of a couple P->RN courses, but you take a short summer course and then you start 2nd semester of a 4 semester program... assuming you have everything else taken care of. Basically, you're doing a 3 1/2 semester out of 4 semesters of RN school. You might be better off just doing a traditional RN program (of some sort, even accelerated program types)... at least here in California.

What do you get out of this? LVN /Associates? Sounds a bit quick for the RN...

My current plan is to knock off as many prerequisite courses as possible while getting my BA. Then hopefully finding an 18 month BSN program. If I wasn't in school already I'd be looking to get the prereqs done at community college instead.

What do you get out of this? LVN /Associates? Sounds a bit quick for the RN...

my school has a 12 month accelerated BSN program for people who already have a Bachelor's degree. Its a great way to transition quickly into the field however I have heard from a few people it is very stressful and hard to actually retain the information you get. However If you are already a Medic I am sure it would be much easier than say a Psych major with no health care experience.

Here is the link if you want some basic info. I am sure there is a college with a similar program around you.
http://www.barnesjewishcollege.edu/?id=5157&sid=1

Last edited by a moderator:
Back