Best Day Ever!

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
I got a JOB!!

No, not the one I have now...but the one I wanted.

Remember my interview back in December...you know the one that I could not for the life of my "patient" remember the other shockable rhythm?

Well, after a 2 week long background check, they called today and offered me the job.

I get to work as an EMT!!!

YEAA.....

AND...I got to give my notice at this place I am currently employed with.

YEAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Now...to pass the drug test....

any pointers???

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Awesome news! I hear the drug test is pretty hard. I hope you aim to do well on it. (hahaha)

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
:) :) :) CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!:) :) :)

I'm SO happy for you and SO jealous!!!!!!

I heard something once about peeing through a bandaid with bleach on it...

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Good luck.

The trick to the drug test is to find an old lady to pee for you. (remember the Seinfeld with Elaine and the poppy seed muffins - she got Jerry's mom to make the sample for her...)

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
May the religious entity of your choice help the people of florida......

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
MythBusters did the Poppy Seed drug test, and proved, that with a s-load of poppy seed products, you can f-up a drug test.

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
Yes, poppy seeds can throw off the results of a drug test. Unfortunately, not in the way you would want. They'll create a false-positive for drugs of the opium variety.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Yes, that was the whole point of the Seinfeld.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Wow, well you really do learn something every day. And I wouldn't really pick an old lady (or man) they are usually on more pain meds than the junkies under the bridge.

Say What?

Forum Ride Along
i see your in fla? what county and dept? im in tampa area? well if its a pee test go get some stuff at gnc and give it a shot. if not just wait 30 days and tell the guys at your job that u had a family emergency or something and had to leave town until u clean up.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Congrats :beerchug:

OP
OP
MedicPrincess

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Thanks for all the advice about how to pass a pee test....but...umm, I was joking about that.:p

Thanks Colorado for that heaping amount of support. :rolleyes:

Jenn- Someday, lady. Someday you'll get what you want. Just keep trying. I really do believe it will happen when it is supposed to. Perhaps, there is something bigger that is in store for you.

You guys are the best.

emtd29

Forum Lieutenant
Congrats, Princess!!!!!!:)

Does it help to study for a drug test???? LOL:p

emtff376

Forum Lieutenant
Hooray! Congratulations!

EMTI&RESCUE

Forum Crew Member
I concure with wingnut. The jerrys we pick up have trash bags full of drugs. And yes say no to drugs ha. And study hard, for the test. Seriously congrats on the new job. Welcome to the best worse job of your life. lol,,jk.

pfmedic

Forum Lieutenant
If you need to pass a test I suggest drinking some of those drinks they sell at the head shops (place where they sell bongs and such). I also recommend drinking a crapload of heavily lemoned water and not giving the first pee of the day when you wake up, into the sample cup. They also make shampoos if you feel that there is going to be a haircut sample taken from you. I know all this because my brother used to be self-medicated AND my ex girlfriend did heroine for a number of years, but Kiefer Sutherland also did heroine and I have mucho respecto for that guy... so whatever.