Best book about paramedics in action?

Imistty

Forum Ride Along
Reaction score
What is the best book that talks about Paramedics and them in action. I don't want want with too much big words since I'm not actually a Paramedic. Just a book that has lots of action. Thanks

Lots of action and no big words :cool: Because this is what we do! Saving lives everyday.

trauma-2009-poster.jpg

+1 on Kelly Grayson's book. It's pretty true to life. His blog is a good read, too. Lots of excellent stories, told in Kelly's entertaining, slightly self deprecating style.

One of our forum members wrote a book, the fire guy who moved to Hawaii, FireTender I think? Here is his book
http://www.amazon.com/Moments-Death-Mechanic-healers-rebirth/dp/1602645655

I'll admit I have only read the free intro online, but I plan on purchasing a full copy soon. I really like it a lot so far.

On a side note: I am in the very slow, early, stages of writing my own book. But do to my dyslexia I am going need to some serious word processing and editing power lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I second everything from above, particularly regarding Kelly Grayson's writing. I also like Michael Morse's "Rescuing Providence" and Peter Canning's books. They both have pretty good blogs too.

This is fiction... but well worth the read..

Black Flies: A Novel: Shannon Burke: 9781593761912: Amazon ...

Paramedic-Peter Canning- excellent. Kelly Grayson is hilarious, any of his books.

Oh yeah, Black Flies is great. Lt Morse's Rescuing Providence is also really good. (The recipe for "Meat Monsters" was taken from his book and was a crowd pleaser at the fire house)

Blood, Sweat and Tea is a good look at EMS from a Brits view.

I enjoyed "Bringing Out the Dead" (the novel more so than the movie). Not exactly an uplifting read, though.

Soul's Harbor is another. Looks at the deep inner thoughts of an Emt and Paramedic from beginning to end.

Paramedic to the Prince by Notestine
randomly found this one in a library last year, it ends up being more about the
author's cultural experiences than treating patients, still an interesting read

On Call: A Doctor's Days and Nights in Residency by Transue
is another semi-related one that I really enjoyed.

love grayson's and morse's blogs, guess it's time to get their books!

Peter Canning Paramedic for sure. Report form engine co 82 was also good but deff more of a firefighter thing...

Back