Beer trades?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Lol I'm just curious if anyone would be willing to setup a microbrewery beer trade. There's a few special beers in other parts of the country I'm dying to try, and NM has some odd import laws for stores. But we have some good brews here so I figured I might as well see lol

nwhitney

Forum Captain
I'm in! I'm very lucky to live where I do as we have the largest number of breweries per capita. Well at least we were that may have changed.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I'm game.

nwhitney

Forum Captain
Someone PM me your address and I'll send you beer. If you want you can even give me an idea of what you like or just trust me as I used to be a brewer.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I thought you were talking about home brews. If that's on the table I'm game as well. Thinking if this dog thing falls through I'm gonna use that money for a home brewing kit and start doing that.

I could be down to trade some microbrews though.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I thought you were talking about home brews. If that's on the table I'm game as well. Thinking if this dog thing falls through I'm gonna use that money for a home brewing kit and start doing that.

I could be down to trade some microbrews though.

Austin and I are still trying to hone in our home brew. With how impatient I am, it's a wonder we've been even somewhat successful.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
What'd you buy to start?

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
What'd you buy to start?

We just bought a brewing kit from one of the local brew shops, and have built off of that. Initially we purchased:

2 - 5 gallon glass carboys
1 - stainless steel kettle

Then of course the kit comes with the the siphoning tubing, carboy brush, hydrometer, capper, sanitizer, racking cane, fermentation bucket, and a bottling bucket.

We just bought the 2 glass carboys because our first beer required a secondary fermentation. Probably not the best choice for our first beer, but Austin is ambitious. Then the kettle is to make your mash in.

Either way, you should be able to get a starter kit for $70-$100. Also, get a good book.

Anjel

Forum Angel
I'm not too sure what Michigan has. And I don't know much about beer besides that it tastes good. Lol

But if someone wants something from here I would be more than happy to send.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I'm starting to experiment with them here in NC. Have quite a few micros in the area.

NC is one of the best states for craft beer, both quantity and quality. The scene has really exploded here in the last 5 years or so.

Anjel

Forum Angel