Ouch. Probably good ole Medicare fraud.

OP
OP
E

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief

dC0m

Forum Crew Member
Hah! I want to read the full details. I have a few buddies that works/worked at Balboa.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I wonder if they'd ask our TEMS team to provide medical cover on a raid on our headquarters??? Hmm....

That can't be good.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I wonder if they'd ask our TEMS team to provide medical cover on a raid on our headquarters??? Hmm....

That can't be good.

I highly doubt it was a tactical raid.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I highly doubt it was a tactical raid.

Sorry, poor attempt at a joke.

Our TEMS team covers any federal agency that comes in to do warrant services. The DEA "tac" team here is like 3 guys in plate carriers hah. Tactical is used loosely.

They also are generally assigned to protection details for dignitaries that visit the area.

Hah! I want to read the full details. I have a few buddies that works/worked at Balboa.

I'm wondering if the local ambulance companies will see an influx of calls being turned to them since Balboa Ambulance is currently under investigation.

dC0m

Forum Crew Member
I'm wondering if the local ambulance companies will see an influx of calls being turned to them since Balboa Ambulance is currently under investigation.

On my way to school, I saw an AmeriCare rig going to UCSD (I usually never see them..).. So maybe.. :rofl:

Balboa ambulancein San Diego raided by FBI in criminal investagtion

On my way to school, I saw an AmeriCare rig going to UCSD (I usually never see them..).. So maybe.. :rofl:

:rofl:

I often wonder why I see them running Code 3 through San Diego. As I've said before, I'm not even sure what contracts they hold in SD County aside from some of the local skilled nursing facilities.

Last edited by a moderator:

mike1390

Forum Captain
:rofl:

I often wonder why I see them running Code 3 through San Diego. As I've said before, I'm not even sure what contracts they hold in SD County aside from some of the local skilled nursing facilities.

quoted from their website....

"Fire Response/911 Transportation Provider

Through an agreement with the San Pasqual Fire District we provide primary 9-1-1 Ambulance Transport Services for San Pasqual Fire. Under contract with the County of San Diego we are also a Primary 9-1-1 BLS provider for the I-5 Corridor in the Camp Pendleton FIre. Additional fire agencies utilize our service within the county as needed. AmeriCare ensures that resources are available in order to quickly respond to such 911 requests and ensures that the highest priority is given to the fire agencies. Most of our current EMTs are trained under the Fire Department ICS structure to a minimum level of ICS-100. Supervisors and Managers are given additional training of ICS-200 & ICS-300 as they progress up the company chain of command"

OP
OP
E

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
quoted from their website....

"Fire Response/911 Transportation Provider

Through an agreement with the San Pasqual Fire District we provide primary 9-1-1 Ambulance Transport Services for San Pasqual Fire. Under contract with the County of San Diego we are also a Primary 9-1-1 BLS provider for the I-5 Corridor in the Camp Pendleton FIre. Additional fire agencies utilize our service within the county as needed. AmeriCare ensures that resources are available in order to quickly respond to such 911 requests and ensures that the highest priority is given to the fire agencies. Most of our current EMTs are trained under the Fire Department ICS structure to a minimum level of ICS-100. Supervisors and Managers are given additional training of ICS-200 & ICS-300 as they progress up the company chain of command"

I think he was talking about balblowa.

Balboa ambulancein San Diego raided by FBI in criminal investagtion

I was actually inquiring about AmeriCare as I know of some of the facilities that Balboa services.

Last edited by a moderator:

dC0m

Forum Crew Member
Any new info or updates on the FBI raid of Balboa?

I bet you Balboa Ambulance themselves are still scratching their heads as to what they did wrong.

No updates so far.. not public at least..

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
Just last week I took my dog to Balboa park for a walk and saw a Balboa Ambulance parked nearby, so I would say they are still operating.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Just last week I took my dog to Balboa park for a walk and saw a Balboa Ambulance parked nearby, so I would say they are still operating.

Aye, they never shut down. I still have some friends that work there, they report that their call volume has decreased quite a bit. Other than that it's business as usual