Aspirin protocol with vomiting patient

Status
Not open for further replies.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
The EMT's here can start IV's and give zofran.

Instead of being so set on creating an ASA auto injector, why wouldn't you just ask your medical director to allow EMT's to obtain/use IV certifications and administer zofran?

It solves the problem, and makes way more sense.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
Why yes, yes in fact I would love to have the name and contact information for your medical director. I think he'd very much like to hear from me on this.

Despite everything, I really don't think he/she would.

OP
OP
G

GloriousGabe

Forum Crew Member
For someone who says they are 40, you sure are acting more like a petulant 10 year old who thinks they are the center of the universe, and here's why: you actually think that this is such a huge problem and nobody else has had the smarts to recognize it and come up with a (money making) plan to fix it. Despite nothing that you are so worked up about being a new thing. Kiddo...grow up.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

OP
OP
G

GloriousGabe

Forum Crew Member
Do you know what makes a system a truly progressive BLS system? One that realizes it is 2015 and recognizes the need to become a fully functional ALS system.
I imagine you'll donate the funds to bring up full-time, salaried paramedics? We just don't have the tax money for that. My town and the one next door don't even have police departments.

OP
OP
G

GloriousGabe

Forum Crew Member
Also 1 medic in 3 counties that you hardly see and you have BLS providers being the sole providers for STEMI patients? I hope all of your hospitals are very close.

How much time have you spent in very rural America? It's the reality here. Our closest doc-in-a-box is 30 minutes away. STEMIs either die in our ER or they are flown to the trauma center a 2 hour drive away.

OP
OP
G

GloriousGabe

Forum Crew Member
Can we all agree that this thread is going nowhere? I don't know if there is much more legitimate discussion to be had regarding the majority opinion on the need for ASA auto injectors, but GloriousGabe is clearly entrenched in his belief. At this point, I think he will need to be convinced by additional experience or someone that is not us.

I, for one, am going to bow out of this thread.
I'll report back in 3-5 years with my peer-reviewed, published results.

triemal04

Forum Deputy Chief
Despite everything, I really don't think he/she would.
Most likely not; my ego isn't that big. On the flip side, there are a surprising number of medical directors out there who are very involved in their departments and do care about how there people comport themselves, both on and off duty, and also care about how much their people understand about medicine. Makes sense really.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I imagine you'll donate the funds to bring up full-time, salaried paramedics? We just don't have the tax money for that. My town and the one next door don't even have police departments.
But you have the time, money, energy, etc to invest into attempting to invent a new medicine. Why not invest that in yourself, and become a Paramedic (heck for that kind of resource investment you could probably become an RN or even a PA depending...) and be able to provide care leaps and bounds above and beyond an IM ASA autoinjector?

OP
OP
G

GloriousGabe

Forum Crew Member
But you have the time, money, energy, etc to invest into attempting to invent a new medicine. Why not invest that in yourself, and become a Paramedic (heck for that kind of resource investment you could probably become an RN or even a PA depending...) and be able to provide care leaps and bounds above and beyond an IM ASA autoinjector?

Closest medic school is 3 hours away. I don't have any money, but I do have a little bit of time and energy. Why are you personalizing this? I'm not.

reaper

Working Bum
I always love the we are rural and you obviously have never worked rural areas. We have no tax base or money. These are all excuses, not to make changes.

I have worked rural areas in many States. Every one of them were ALS systems. It can and is done daily.

I too think this thread is a dead issue.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
How much time have you spent in very rural America? It's the reality here. Our closest doc-in-a-box is 30 minutes away. STEMIs either die in our ER or they are flown to the trauma center a 2 hour drive away.
We do cover a rural area where the closest hospital is at least an hour away and the closest STEMI center is at least 2 hours away. Still an ALS system.

OP
OP
G

GloriousGabe

Forum Crew Member
We do cover a rural area where the closest hospital is at least an hour away and the closest STEMI center is at least 2 hours away. Still an ALS system.
That's great! I'll just tell my service about that and I'm sure they'll implement it with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.