aspirin in new york state

mobile life

Forum Probie
when and whats the dosage on aspirin for a patient complaning of chest pain in new york state?

Achilles

Forum Moron
when and whats the dosage on aspirin for a patient complaning of chest pain in new york state?

Do you work for a company?
If so ask for a protocol book or ask your MD.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
reason why im asking its a very unclear topic it depands who you ask

What is so unclear? You keep giving Aspirin until it relieves their chest pain :ph34r:

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
reason why im asking its a very unclear topic it depands who you ask
I just opened the protocol, did a search for "aspirin" and found this:
Adult Cardiac Related Problem:
6) If patient has not taken aspirin and has no history of aspirin allergy and no evidence of recent gastrointestinal bleeding, administer nonenteric chewable aspirin (160 to 325 mg).

Chewable aspirin almost always comes in 81 mg doses. You'd administer 2-4 doses.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
It doesn't matter what people state. You can give up to 4 81 mg pills.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
For how long?
What are you asking?

I think you're asking how long of a time period is relevant when determining whether the patient took aspirin prior to your arrival.

I found at least two protocols that state 12 hours, and at least two others that state 24 hours. You'll want to follow your protocols.

As I don't see any specific details about time in your protocols, you'll want to consult with your medical director.

broken stretcher

Forum Crew Member
The state protocols say that you can give chewable aspirin x4 (81mg each, 324mg total) however for those of you who don't know how new york state works the entire state is divided up in to separate regions with protocols that may vary slightly,(sometimes drastically), from the state protocols. i can only speak on the two regions i work in which are NYC and Central New York. CNY is like the state protocols however NYC I can only give 2 81mg chewable. If i want to give two more i must contact telemetry (OMC in nyc)