April Fools by NREMT!

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
JB learning is a great tool to help you with the process of thinking through CBT questions and taking a computer based test. However, if you're lacking the base education to master the material, a test prep service won't be much help. You need to know the reason behind the answers, simply memorizing JB prep questions will not help you pass the NREMT.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Because he failed once or even twice does not mean he's one of those who are just not cut out for EMS. That's a summary judgment based on zero knowledge of what the kid's made of.

Then what the heck do you suggest we use as a standard precisely?

unfortunately it doesn't offer a whole lotta respect to Chiefjameel

He hasn't earned it yet.

It could also be a failure of the program.

If that were the case though, chances are good that with a little studying he would pass the registry. I mean, honestly, even graduates of the bottom of the barrel Caribbean medical school pass the boards.

Passing is a by-product of thorough understanding.

I'm not sure I agree with that when said about a test designed to measure the knowledge garnered from a course of less than 200 hours clock time in length.

Hopefully he's already figured out taking shortcuts doesn't work!
It does not seem to be the case given that he still seems to be seeking exactly those options requiring of the least amount of effort necessary.

Good post and well said, some people, although well intended lack the tact to convey a point without being hurtful, or maybe some people just don't care if they are hurtful, I dunno

Sometimes ripping the band-aid off in one go is better than slowly tearing it off hair by hair....it's not being hurtful, it's called being honest and if we are all honest with ourselves- not allowing our desire to be positive and encouraging to get in the way- we can see that someone who fails multiple times a test of exceedingly basic knowledge is not likely to have a very successful and illustrious career.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Sometimes ripping the band-aid off in one go is better than slowly tearing it off hair by hair....it's not being hurtful, it's called being honest and if we are all honest with ourselves- not allowing our desire to be positive and encouraging to get in the way- we can see that someone who fails multiple times a test of exceedingly basic knowledge is not likely to have a very successful and illustrious career.

And this is why I joined the usafmedic45 fan club lol

Sometimes the truth needs to be told.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
someone who fails multiple times a test of exceedingly basic knowledge is not likely to have a very successful and illustrious career.

My point is that failing does not make you a failure. How many failings did it take for you to become usafmedic45?

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
My point is that failing does not make you a failure

If you never succeed at it, then technically, it does. It's just the touchy-feely BS that being a failure is some sort of unacceptable insult to the PC crowd that leads us to having people who persist in pursuing things that they have no substantial chance of succeeding at. Being a failure isn't a character flaw, but the traits that tend to lead to it are and we all know that saying about how trying the same thing over and over while expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

How many failings did it take for you to become usafmedic45

I've never failed a test during my training or for credentialing purposes, especially in EMS.