Approved Georgia Medic Programs

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
My wife is interviewing for a new job in Atlanta and it looks as though we may be relocating. I was planning on medic school here... but if we're going to be moving I need to start investigating my education options in the Atlanta metro area.

I understand that almost all of the tech schools offer a medic program, but I was hoping for some opinions and recommendations from anyone who's been through a specific class or has worked with someone who's been through a class.

I know Gwinett is the only accredited program... conversely, are there any programs I should stay FAR away from?

Any insight or a list of state approved programs that I can dig through to start accumulating info would be a huge help.

OP
OP
NomadicMedic

NomadicMedic

CAAHEP.org they have a listing of accredited programs if thats what ure looking for

Thanks, but that's not what I'm looking for. As I mentioned in my post, I know that Gwinnett is the only accredited program... I am looking for opinion/input on any of the other programs (or Gwinnett, if anyone attended or works with a medic from that program...)

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Why consider anything else but an accredited course or at least ask if they are in the process of being accredited. Figure, within a few years, you will have to be an graduate of one.

R/r 911

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
Rid, not a problem for me but just wondering if they will be grandfathering current medics or are they going to back track and find out which schools are not accredited and not register those graduates?

OP
OP
NomadicMedic

NomadicMedic

Rid, I was actually hoping to compile a list of the "decent programs" and then start doing the research by phoning the program coordinators and asking questions. I can only assume that the other medic programs in the area will be seeking accreditation. I also want to know who to stay away from... Medic Mills and the like. I was surprised that I didn't find a list of “state approved” paramedic programs on the GA EMS website. When I google “Atlanta area paramedic schools” or any other variation, I just get swamped with a load of advertisement.

I'm very interested in a legit program and don't want to waste my time going after a worthless piece of paper. I've sent a PM to Grady_EMT and hopefully he'll let me pick his brain on ATL EMS.

palmer1121

Forum Crew Member
hey if your still looking for a paramedic school in the atlanta area I highly recommend the program I am in. It is at lanier tech college in oakwood, about 45 mins north of downtown ATL. PM me for more information

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Welcome, and...

hey if your still looking for a paramedic school in the atlanta area I highly recommend the program I am in. It is at lanier tech college in oakwood, about 45 mins north of downtown ATL. PM me for more information

The last entry to this thread was over two years ago. It's unlikely the OP is even around!

This is offered as a hint to help you focus your time.:)

Enjoy!

ebass30920

Forum Crew Member
People's ethic and attitude and work ethic make good medics not some magical program. With that being said Athens Tech, Lanier Tech, and Gwinnett would be my choices and have been my Choices. I went to Gwinnett and Athens Tech. I know a lot of Lanier folks and it seems to be a good program.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
The last entry to this thread was over two years ago. It's unlikely the OP is even around!

This is offered as a hint to help you focus your time.:)

Enjoy!
N7LXI is still around and quite active....:p

OP
OP
NomadicMedic

NomadicMedic

Uh, yep. Since this thread was started, I've applied, attended, graduated at the top of my class, am currently working and seeking new opportunities.

I'm kinda glad we didn't end up in GA.

Toxicity

Forum Ride Along
Thanks, but that's not what I'm looking for. As I mentioned in my post, I know that Gwinnett is the only accredited program... I am looking for opinion/input on any of the other programs (or Gwinnett, if anyone attended or works with a medic from that program...)

Medix College in Smyrna is accredited also. I'm going there for EMT-I and it is accredited for us, so I'm just going to assume it's accredited for Medic, too.

Just saw your last post, congrats!