Anyone here currently work for mccormick ambulance in LA???

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
Hey everyone, so does anyone here currently work for McCormick??? If so, how do you like it? Does fire actually let you be hands on on scene?
My company I currently work at I love but the call volume for 911 is super low (4 calls week :/) so I been looking at either applying with amr out in riverside or with McCormick.
Thanks

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
amr out in riverside

REMS is a way better EMS agency than LACo.

Theres a couple people on here that work for AMR Riverside (I'm not one of them, I'm in a other division) I can only think of one. Im not real sure he works riverside division.

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
You want to get ran into the ground? Come on over to Riverside we average around 500 911 calls a day.

Last edited:

CALEMT

You want to get ran into the ground? Come on over to Riverside we average around 500 911 calls a day.

Whoops. I thought I tagged you in my previous post.

Hemet and Palm Springs are good divisions to work for as well. Pretty much anything that's not in LACo. is A okay.

OP
OP
J

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
Just curious. How is REMS different to LAco? Is the scope bigger for emts? Also, is it fire based in riverside?

Hey everyone, so does anyone here currently work for McCormick??? If so, how do you like it? Does fire actually let you be hands on on scene?
My company I currently work at I love but the call volume for 911 is super low (4 calls week :/) so I been looking at either applying with amr out in riverside or with McCormick.
Thanks
You want to work in an 911 setting where you can actually function as an EMT? Look into Kern County, and Hall Ambulance Service.

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
Just curious. How is REMS different to LAco? Is the scope bigger for emts? Also, is it fire based in riverside?
Not sure what you mean by "fire based" I assume you're asking if fire runs the show. Some departments are difficult to work with but for the most part we all get along. Our medics are the primary care providers since we are transporting the patient. So telling fire they can't ride with us or cancelling them on scene is quite common.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
So basically, from what I am getting from this is stay away from LAco and go to either riverside/San Bernardino or kern
Yea, I mean AMR is great. From what I hear CARE doesn't let you touch the patient until Fire is on scene and tells you load? So your more of a gurney jockey than any where but atleast your making a dollar over minimum wage lol

CALEMT

So basically, from what I am getting from this is stay away from LAco and go to either riverside/San Bernardino or kern

FINALLY! Someone that is listening to what we are saying. Buy lotto tickets boys cause hell is freezing over.

ResRednek

Forum Probie
At CARE only 2 departments we work with lose their mind if you touch a patient first, the other departments expect you to do a good assessment if your first one and a proper turn over, however if I could afford it I would be working Kern Co or out in Imperial Co.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Wait...A system exists in which a trained, paid, and dispatched EMS resource arrives on scene and isn't allowed to make patient contact until another EMS resource arrives?

My naïveté and blissful ignorance is showing again.

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
Hell, if you come to Kern County. You'll start on a BLS unit but you do run 911 calls. It is a good mix. You'll run lower acuity and some higher acuity with no fire response. Its how EMD should be used. Then you can go to the ALS side and eventually get your medic school sponsored for. Fire is BLS. And scopes are way better than laco, oc, Rems.