Anyone have info on Americare Ambulance, Carson CA?

erodriguez1236

Forum Crew Member
I just wanted to see if any of you guys know any info about working for this company called Americare. I landed an interview for this coming Tuesday. Just curious if anyone knows if its a good company to work for? Thanks :)

They are out of Carson, CA and operate in SD, LA, OC and Riverside area.

Cawolf86

Forum Captain
They seem alright - I know a guy who works there and is content for the time being. They mainly do transfers but run some 911 with certain fire departments. I know in LA County they transport for Downey and Compton. I think they transport for a few areas with OCFA. Down near SD they transport 911 in one area I think. Then they also run transfers in Riverside. I think as far as privates in this area it is probably one of the more reputable ones. You will get some limited 911 experience - but all BLS I believe.

Good luck.

Cawolf86

Forum Captain
Oh I didn't realize you specified Carson. That is the main station. You will do mostly transfers with opportunities to transport 911 patients for Downey and Compton FD. All BLS.

OP
OP
erodriguez1236

erodriguez1236

Forum Crew Member
Thanks for the info cawolf86, I dont mind working in any of those counties or cities. I just hope to get my experience and do my Paramedic academy.

RESQGUY

Forum Crew Member
If you come to the one in SD, don't be one of the guys who gives a 3 min detailed radio report for abnormal labs or the other non-priority complaints that fit the criteria for a destination report. It's not cool, and it wastes the MICN's time. Trust me, you will meet those guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

terrible one

Always wandering
Be advised they only backup for Compton and Downey. Both those FDs have their own RAs and Americare is used very infrequently.

Cawolf86

Forum Captain
Be advised they only backup for Compton and Downey. Both those FDs have their own RAs and Americare is used very infrequently.

Ah ok - I knew that....sorry for my misleading post. I have been out of LA County for a bit now and my info is slacking!

atropine

Forum Captain
Be careful, they were/ and still maybe a very shady company, and as far as the Downey and Compton thing, you will be picking up the scumbags that they won't even let the AO's touch.

Jobrien

Forum Ride Along
I just wanted to see if any of you guys know any info about working for this company called Americare. I landed an interview for this coming Tuesday. Just curious if anyone knows if its a good company to work for? Thanks :)

They are out of Carson, CA and operate in SD, LA, OC and Riverside area.

I am also in hesperia and landed an interview with americare on Wednesday maybe if we get hired we could set up some carpool situation lol.

On another note how is their testing, is it hard or not so much what do they really get into over yonder?

EMTLA

Forum Ride Along
Americare dont come here cause they really dont care

Trust me you better off going somewhere else. I work here and unfortunetly still do.

Metfan

Forum Probie
Been there for 6 years drives me:wacko:

What is so bad about this company, I had an interview and waiting to hear back. They seemed pretty good but you would know since you work there. Can you PM me on your complaints?

JPINFV

Gadfly
If you come to the one in SD, don't be one of the guys who gives a 3 min detailed radio report for abnormal labs or the other non-priority complaints that fit the criteria for a destination report. It's not cool, and it wastes the MICN's time. Trust me, you will meet those guys.

If an elaborate report is required by the LEMSA, then the MICN should be complaining to the LEMSA and not the EMT. When government agencies want to play stupid games, they should win stupid prizes.

MICP

Forum Crew Member
I did their company's OCEMS EMT Accreditation for them to get approved to run calls in OC, so they are trying to expand. It seems to be anyone's guess as to which agency gets which fire contracts at any given time. They have a large fleet hidden in their giant warehouse. If as big as it is, their building is a little hard to find.

Give yourself extra time to find it and park. I would call and ask where you are to park for the interview. The back lot is gated and rather small, unless you park in their ambulance bay. I was there on a weekend when the main offices are closed, so things may be different during "normal" business hours.

During the course, I didn't hear much complaining or frustration beyond what I hear at most ambulance companies and other businesses in general. Overall there seemed to be good camaraderie amongst the participants and all were helpful and kind.

sage267

Forum Crew Member
americare

has anyone who interviewed on tuesday heard anything back from americare?
i also interviewed on tuesday and am now waiting to see if they will call.

SoCal911

Forum Lieutenant
They're not out of riverside, garden grove, paramount and Carson only. Use the search feature and you'll find plenty.