Anyone have info on Americare Ambulance, Carson CA?

SoCal911

Forum Lieutenant
Oh and no transports for Downey or Compton, only on rare occasion during peak hours will they take a BLS call. And on major MCI's for Compton where additional resources are needed.

SoCal911

Forum Lieutenant
Big fleet, but it's never used. Shody rigs. Weird paperwork system. They have a policy for everything - even sunglasses and what lane your allowed to drive in on the freeway - no slow lane allowed. They got policy happy so they can write you up for anything. All the higher ups that were pushing for new 911 contacts, growth, ect, all quit. No direct deposit. You have to buy your uniforms. It's impossible to get on a car with our Santa Monica contract. Dispatch gets violent over air and will back talk and be extremely unprofessional and immature. - but to protect myself mind you, this is my opinion as a previous employee...I'm not defaming AmeriCare.

Danno

Forum Lieutenant
Big fleet, but it's never used. Shody rigs. Weird paperwork system. They have a policy for everything - even sunglasses and what lane your allowed to drive in on the freeway - no slow lane allowed. They got policy happy so they can write you up for anything. All the higher ups that were pushing for new 911 contacts, growth, ect, all quit. No direct deposit. You have to buy your uniforms. It's impossible to get on a car with our Santa Monica contract. Dispatch gets violent over air and will back talk and be extremely unprofessional and immature. - but to protect myself mind you, this is my opinion as a previous employee...I'm not defaming AmeriCare.

...You can't wear sunglasses while on duty?