Any current info/updates about Shoreline in Huntington Beach?

teekay

Forum Ride Along
I've searched through a few posts about Shoreline but none of them are up to date. Does anyone work there who can shed some light on the current working conditions? I already have a job but I want a part time gig on the side so I set up an interview for this week, I heard it's pretty easy to get hired there.

It can't be THAT bad, can it? :unsure:

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
New owners cleaned house and bought all new equipment. Most shenanigans are over. The people that I know that went over there like it.

djarmpit

Forum Lieutenant
new operations manager at shoreline is from pacific ambulance

They run 911 for the city of Westminster. Shoreline provides the fire department with EMTs who staff the department owned ambulances.

islandmedic

Forum Probie
Is Shoreline IFT or do they run 911?

Shoreline operates ET or emergency transport 64 and 65 contracted with the city of Westminster. They run with Orange County Fire Authority. Other than those two units, all other work is IFT.

OP
OP
T

teekay

Forum Ride Along
Shoreline operates ET or emergency transport 64 and 65 contracted with the city of Westminster. They run with Orange County Fire Authority. Other than those two units, all other work is IFT.

Do you know how they choose employees for the 911 work?

islandmedic

Forum Probie
Do you know how they choose employees for the 911 work?

No idea. I would imagine it would be based on seniority like most companies. I'm only speculating though.

A buddy of mine worked there before, he said that it was based on a combination of seniority/performance. Things might have changed with new ownership.

On a side note, if you're seeking 911 experience in Orange County, give Emergency Ambulance a shot. They do 911 in Brea, Yorba Linda, and Placentia. I hear mostly good things about them.

OP
OP
T

teekay

Forum Ride Along
A buddy of mine worked there before, he said that it was based on a combination of seniority/performance. Things might have changed with new ownership.

On a side note, if you're seeking 911 experience in Orange County, give Emergency Ambulance a shot. They do 911 in Brea, Yorba Linda, and Placentia. I hear mostly good things about them.

Sounds like it'd be tough for a new hire to get on 911.

Yeah I put in an application with Emergency, haven't heard back. I did a ride along with them a few months ago, we ran with Yorba Linda fire all day, pretty cool.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
Heard they were bought out by Ambuserve.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
I don't know. I haven't talked to any of their crew's in a long time. Couldn't be all bad. Ambuserve is CAAS certified. I heard Ambuserve wanted to get into the 911 game. Shoreline wanted back into LA city and to run medics. So, it was a win for both companies.

Take it all with a grain of salt though. I've been locked away in private company solitary confinement and haven't been out in the "field" in almost two years.

wtferick

Forum Captain
I don't know. I haven't talked to any of their crew's in a long time. Couldn't be all bad. Ambuserve is CAAS certified. I heard Ambuserve wanted to get into the 911 game. Shoreline wanted back into LA city and to run medics. So, it was a win for both companies.

Take it all with a grain of salt though. I've been locked away in private company solitary confinement and haven't been out in the "field" in almost two years.
Alright, tha ks for the reply, do you happen to know the schedule at shoreline?