An unusual simtom of sinusitis

medic17

EMT-I/99, paramedic student.
I had a call yesterday to a 22 y female with Hx sinusitis after brief LOC on the way to the restroom. when we got there she was alone in the house in bed. VS was not alarming and we transported her to the hospital for treatment. after advising the triage nurse she was directed to wait and we were released. later that afternoon we were back in that ER and were told that she had a tony colony sizer do to her Hx. i wanted to know how sinusitis can cause that.

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
What? I don't think i got more than half of that...

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I had a call yesterday to a 22 y female with Hx sinusitis after brief LOC on the way to the restroom. when we got there she was alone in the house in bed. VS was not alarming and we transported her to the hospital for treatment. after advising the triage nurse she was directed to wait and we were released. later that afternoon we were back in that ER and were told that she had a tony colony sizer do to her Hx. i wanted to know how sinusitis can cause that.

Few Questions... What is a Simtom and a tony colony sizer? :p

Ok, Serious question. What is a EMR-Advacned? Is it something in between an EMR and EMT-Basic?

Due to her hx? Sounds like that means she has a history of seizure disorder which was exacerbated by being sick.

Last edited by a moderator:

MediMike

Forum Lieutenant
Holy hell Chase. That was some amazing interpreting there. Tony Colony Sizer=Tonic/Clonic Sz...well done man!

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Holy hell Chase. That was some amazing interpreting there. Tony Colony Sizer=Tonic/Clonic Sz...well done man!

I took an elective in Jive Turkey and Pig Latin

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow, I never would have tolled tonic-clonic sz out of that!

Maybe the infection spread to her brain?

Anonymous

Forum Captain

Did she have a history of seizures perhaps and you misinterpreted what the nurse meant by "due to her history."

medic417

The Truth Provider
Holy cow that is hard to understand.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
OP, you getting any of this?

See my thread about "Bend Over Blind", a co-worker lost sight in one eye from a renegade sinus. Got it back too!

Infection spreading to the brain, swelling impinging on part of the brain or its circulation, or the "sinusitis" actually being a cyst or solid tumor are all possible. A classmate was told by his mother he had a cyst in his head which caused his grand mal seizures....he died of a once-operable tumor which grew out of control a year after he started school.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Side note, the OP is really cramping your style...

Medic417

Medic17

No one would think that is me. I may be obnoxious and other big words but my posts are readable.

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief

JDallas

Forum Probie
Side note...
Sinusitis can cause unexpected things...
One of my first patients was my 11 year old sister. Sinus congetion backed up into her ears and threw her equilibrium off. She fainted early one morning and collapsed onto a highchair. My mother insisted it was "just puberty", so I paused for a moment to demand her explanation as to how that would be possible. Once we determined that her answer was ridiculous and I had no idea (I wasn't aware she had sinusitis at the time), we POVed her to urgent care and got a Z-Pack....
Just an interesting, semi-related side story.