Americare interview on Monday

Rookie

Forum Probie
Hey everyone
I'm new to this forum so i'm not sure if this is in the right place, but I just wanted to know if anyone here has interviewed with Americare in LA county before? I'm scheduled to have an interview with them on Monday, so i'd like to get any info I can about the process

Also, the lady I spoke to on the phone told me it was acceptable to "dress casual" but also "look presentable" and wear a short sleeve shirt. Can anyone help me out with this? I'm fashion challenged :sad:

Whoah I just had major deja vu while typing that last part lol

inacornfield

Forum Ride Along
If they said wear short sleeve, I would wear a nice polo shirt with khakis. If I were a dude, that is. If you don't want to wear short sleeves maybe a button up shirt with no tie?

OP
OP
R

Rookie

Forum Probie
Yeah, I was thinking that too. A couple of friends suggested that as well.
Anyone else?

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Did they request specifically you wear a short sleeve?

If so, I like that tactic...maybe a little sneaky way of checking for visibly offensive tattoos...LOL

JPINFV

Gadfly
To me, interview = coat and tie. Be professional, dress professional, and remember, in the end it's business. Unless they're expecting some sort of physical testing, it's impossible to over dress.

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
Hey everyone
I'm new to this forum so i'm not sure if this is in the right place, but I just wanted to know if anyone here has interviewed with Americare in LA county before? I'm scheduled to have an interview with them on Monday, so i'd like to get any info I can about the process

Also, the lady I spoke to on the phone told me it was acceptable to "dress casual" but also "look presentable" and wear a short sleeve shirt. Can anyone help me out with this? I'm fashion challenged :sad:

Whoah I just had major deja vu while typing that last part lol

Unless they make u do a physical test, just dress long sleeve collared white shirt with tie, and kahki pants

like JPNIV Said u cant overdress

btw how long did it take for Americare to contact you for an Interview?
i applied to their OC County branch but they didnt reply

OP
OP
R

Rookie

Forum Probie
Well the part about short sleeve shirt she said because they understand you need to be comfortable when you do your skills testing.
But I think I will wear a shirt and tie to play it safe. I could always dress down later on if needed, right?

Music, I recieved a call right away. I believe I applied Tuesday or Wednesday night and recieved a call yesterday.

fire_911medic

Forum Crew Member
What I would do is if visible tattoos then I'd wear like a nice dress sweater something like that to hide them. If not, then a PLAIN polo shirt and khakis, dockers, or dress pants is acceptable. I would wear dress shoes though, not gym shoes - take though that way if you need to change out you can. I wouldn't suggest a suit and tie, but a plain dress shirt in a conservative color (nothing loud or print) and subtle tie is always safe with well pressed pants, or if you choose to go more casual, a turtleneck with a classy sweater is always appreciated. Just make sure is a plain sweater as print tends to be distracting. Good luck !

OP
OP
R

Rookie

Forum Probie
Thanks for your reply firemedic. Although i'm still not sure how to go about this, i'm sure i'll figure it out. Nervous as hell though. It's my first interview for an EMT job. I have another one scheduled for the Monday after with Bowers as well. They actually told me to wear shorts, a t-shirt, and tennis shoes. Love the simplicity :p

danjncoop

Forum Probie
Americare Interview

Thanks for your guys replies it helped a lot! I wore a button down white shirt and navy pants with dress shoes while everyone else worse jeans. Word for the wise: Never wear a tee and jeans to an interview, even if they say to dress casually. Being an EMT is all about professionalism and you want to reflect that by your appearance.

As for the interview, it was pretty standard. They asked questions like: What will you bring to our company? What is a weakness? Are you willing to work 24s, What would your past employers say about you? The interview went really well. The important thing is to remain calm and smile.

The written test was pretty easy if you passed the nremt you will have no problems.

They said they would call in a day or two if I got the job or send a letter if I didnt. I got the job and have heard good things about the company.

atropine

Forum Captain
Watch out they are a real shaddy company. I used to work for them when they first got there medic program up and runing.

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
Watch out they are a real shaddy company. I used to work for them when they first got there medic program up and runing.

whats so shady about them?

LSalander

Forum Crew Member
Shady..?

Yeah, I'd really like to know how they are shady. I have a skills test and interview soon and was excited. Of all the places I've applied at, they were up there with R/M and AMR as far as professionalism.

I'm in Escondido, so maybe the atmosphere's different?

LSalander

Forum Crew Member
Feedback on AmeriCare

Did an interview with AmeriCare and they were awesome. Totally professional, very nice and welcoming, and sounds like they have a great program for their new EMTs. 2 months of training with sims and exams and a very careful transition into patient care. I felt like they care a lot about their EMTs, their patients, and maintaining their reputation.

This is just from an interview, so I could be wrong about how they are once you work there. But after applying at all the SD county ambulance companies and interviewing at a good number of them, I liked AmeriCare the best.

Anyway, anyone going in for an interview - know your skills well, they tested and questioned me on all of them. They weren't as heavy on the protocols like R/M and AMR were, but those can never hurt to know well.

worrals

Forum Ride Along
6 months on and i'm interested to know if it is as you expected? I'd really like to apply to Americare and just wondered if you had any tips, advice or help from your own experience?

ITBITB13

Forum Lieutenant
Hello everyone. I have an interview with AmeriCare tomorrow afternoon. I am very excited, since I heard many great things about this company. I too am planning to dress nice, despite being told to wear something a little more casual. But I am very interested in knowing what everyone that works or interviewed there before has to say... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
Hello everyone. I have an interview with AmeriCare tomorrow afternoon. I am very excited, since I heard many great things about this company. I too am planning to dress nice, despite being told to wear something a little more casual. But I am very interested in knowing what everyone that works or interviewed there before has to say... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I did my ride alongs with Americare. Nice trucks, employees seemed competent. I heard no real complaints from the folks I rode with. Mostly IFT calls.

jon51

Forum Crew Member
It's an ok place. Don't want to bad mouth it but I can think of a number of better places to work. I do understand though that there are few opportunities these days for jobs. The turnover is very high there. They are non stop hiring and that seems a little funny considering the way no other companies are hiring. They are getting better these days with new management but I'm still warning you to be careful when considering employment there.

Sasha

Forum Chief
My last interview i wore whatever i was wearing that day. Unless youre applying to be a CEO or some crap i dont think they expect suits and ties.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk