Ambuserve

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
Yea.

Shoreline's owner owns bunch of convalescent homes in LA county that his shoreline rigs couldn't pick up from so he wanted to merge with someone with LA county licenses. Shoreline got pinged more than 10 times for picking up in LA county so they'll probably never be able to get LA county licenses ever again.

Ambuserve wants a 911 contract so they figure merging with Shoreline will help get that since Shoreline does the 911 transport for the city of Westchester, which is in Orange County.

The two companies merged but stayed separate if that makes sense. The owner of Ambuserve is running them both. Rumor is she's broke and Shorline's owner paid something upfront which kept her afloat. She's had a leased Benz for years with no license plates which is sort of odd. Also our checks bounced 6 months ago and they claimed "fraud" occurred in our bank account. They must think we're stupid. Also due to a series of emails sent to all of the field employees I know Ambuserve's owner is getting sued for racist and sexist comments, although to be fair the guy suing was kind of a clown.

I know it caused a lot of drama with the dispatchers and billing, but it didn't really affect the field employees. Although now all Ambuserve field employees are being forced to get their Orange County scope of practice too, which means more work for us for the same pay.

I know the dispatchers answer the phone saying just "dispatch" instead of a company's name so I guess both companies calls must go just to the Ambuserve dispatch now. There are more desks now in dispatch than there was before the merger.

The flexible scheduling was the best part of this place, but now that's disappearing too.

Does Ambuserve have back up 911 contract? I ask because I seen them do 911 on 405 freeway near the 10 few times. Also doing illegal pick up in county is not that big deal because most companies been doing illegal county pick up for years. As long as everything is okay they will get their license.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Does Ambuserve have back up 911 contract? I ask because I seen them do 911 on 405 freeway near the 10 few times. Also doing illegal pick up in county is not that big deal because most companies been doing illegal county pick up for years. As long as everything is okay they will get their license.
By 911 you mean helping at a car accident which is what your supposed to do?

They do back up for Beverly Hills FD.

Star of Life

Forum Probie

All I know is Shoreline doesn't seem to think they'll get lisenced in LA County again anytime soon. That's where Ambuserve comes in.

And yea Ambuserve backs up McCormick fairly often, more often than the McCormick guys like to think. We also back up Beverly Hills fire with only ALS units tho, and Compton Fire. Most of the McCormick back up is in Inglewood/Hawthorne/Lynwood. I don't know what you saw near the 10. Probably a still alarm if I had to guess.

ITBITB13

Forum Lieutenant
Any AmbuServe FTOs on here? I'm trying to make the jump after leaving Care. I left for phlebotomy school, but finding a phlebotomist job is a lot harder than I thought with no experience.. So I think this might be good in the meantime, considering the fact that I've worked there before.. I have an interview in a few days, and the company wasn't the best, but I need a job. And I'm sure things have gotten better in the past 3 years. (I hope so)