Ambulnz Health, LLC (Los Angeles County)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambulancemarl

Forum Probie
Also to back up my incorrect info......

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Yes but the math does not make any sense. Especially with a declining/poor pay out from both medi-cal and medi-care. To pay one individual starting at a wage that is no where near what it is nationally for a new person in this field and to times that by even more than 10 it does not seem feasible. Atleast you came forward and said you can't share the info. Even so doing so leaves open a wide speculation. If you're hurt for being the new kid on the block you probably
never worked real ems before. You can be the sweetest and greatest to a patient and they will still throw insults to you or do physical harm. Those who don't have a tough skin don't survive long.

I asked a loooooong time ago. No direct answer.

Had to delete the link for me to post my response.

That is a document for licensing purposes, indicating the personalities of the investors. Your claim that the listing of the children of one owner, if you look at the document it is trust for the children, therefore, the main investor has fiduciary responsibilities towards those children, as such they have to be named. Note the difference between investor and officers of the company.

The investors as the name suggests invested money to make the vision a reality. The officers of the company implemented the vision, that's why I am here joyfully working.

Jennifer Martin

Forum Ride Along
Overwhelmed by how many folks out there care so much about fellow EMT's that they ask the tough questions they are asking in this post. It really shows how at the end of the day, EMS personnel will circle the wagons to protect the new and inexperienced EMT's.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief

That is a document for licensing purposes, indicating the personalities of the investors. Your claim that the listing of the children of one owner, if you look at the document it is trust for the children, therefore, the main investor has fiduciary responsibilities towards those children, as such they have to be named. Note the difference between investor and officers of the company.

The investors as the name suggests invested money to make the vision a reality. The officers of the company implemented the vision, that's why I am here joyfully working.
Yes. thank you. I am aware its a licensing form

ambulancemarl

Forum Probie

Yes but the math does not make any sense. Especially with a declining/poor pay out from both medi-cal and medi-care. To pay one individual starting at a wage that is no where near what it is nationally for a new person in this field and to times that by even more than 10 it does not seem feasible. Atleast you came forward and said you can't share the info. Even so doing so leaves open a wide speculation. If you're hurt for being the new kid on the block you probably
never worked real ems before. You can be the sweetest and greatest to a patient and they will still throw insults to you or do physical harm. Those who don't have a tough skin don't survive long.

Thanks for the headsup, I will make sure that my "armor is up". To go back to your math, I can assure you, we are not doing creative accounting, there is not much overhead in the business, our clientele is not mainly medicare/medicaid. And if you look at the general profile of the area, not all patients are medicare/medicate dependent they do have their private insurance coverage. That makes the difference. I was actually surprised to find out that an important job as an EMT has an industry standard pay of almost below minimum wage, especially in an area where rent is so high, I do hope that we have great industry leaders that can make a better offering. The risk they take and their responsibilities does not seem to add up.

So kind sir, you seem to have depth of knowledge of the industry, what can we do to improve?

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Overwhelmed by how many folks out there care so much about fellow EMT's that they ask the tough questions they are asking in this post. It really shows how at the end of the day, EMS personnel will circle the wagons to protect the new and inexperienced EMT's.
Well especially in LA city where the Russian Mob has had its sticky fingers in transport companys and shut down every so many years or impending financial doom or medicare/medi-cal fraud.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

Just play it safe and stay with the well known companies. AMR, McCorkick, Care just to name a few. OR you can be the 1 in a million and go to better counties that aren't oversaturated with ambulance companies. Riverside county AMR is the sole provider for 911. San Bernardino AMR has 911 and San Bernardino county fire has AO's at certain stations.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
I never mentioned anything of monkey math or cooking the books. How most dialysis transport companys do it is auto fill narratives and having employees re write narratives. That's usually why new companys prefer new naive emts.

ambulancemarl

Forum Probie
Just play it safe and stay with the well known companies. AMR, McCorkick, Care just to name a few. OR you can be the 1 in a million and go to better counties that aren't oversaturated with ambulance companies. Riverside county AMR is the sole provider for 911. San Bernardino AMR has 911 and San Bernardino county fire has AO's at certain stations.
Or you can come to us and work for Ambulnz, we are new in the business, let's have a fun journey. :)

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
From the thread, I gather that question being raised is what is our business model. Accusations being hurled at us for our failure to disclose. We are a corporation, we invested time and money, consulting with the experts on how to best deliver our services efficiently, without risk to employees and patients. As such, we can't share such proprietary information. What we are sharing is the result, the possibility of earning more dollars. We don't force our team members to work more than they should, that's why we have schedulers.

It's not the math or the intricacies of your bookkeeping that keeps people here continuously frustrated with your company's representation. It's the borderline flippant nature of your coworker(s) approach to it. The combination of words 'business' and 'model' was repeated in this thread, by various new users claiming to be working at Ambulnz, in more or less every other of their posts, but when asked directly about it all we got in return was a 'why won't you come to our job fair and find out' response.

Your coworker(s) keep trying to reassure everyone how honest, caring and transparent the company is, yet the quote above clearly states your unwillingness to disclose any specific information. See, no one here cares about how your establishment was registered with the Chamber of Commerce and how it's listed in the books; if you came here in hopes of recruiting more people, advertising your company or otherwise spark interest in your enterprise, you should probably consider that a) this is one of the older EMS-related web resources, with a core membership having more or less a century or longer of combined EMS experience, b) yours isn't the first company to pop out of nowhere, with grandiose promises but very little to back it up with, and c) any failure, on your part, to properly answer direct questions, will do you and yours, a great disservice.

And to sum it up - you've just clearly stated that you don't intend to share proprietary information. So why in the world are you encouraging people to attend the job fair ? Are you expecting to power point them to death with handsome slides and win their hearts and minds, whilst keeping all the really important stuff out ?

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
Any company that currently doing Medicare transport are basically looking to get shutdown. Medicare do not want to pay for anything but 911. In few years they will come, do an audit and ask for their money back. Also even private insurance do not pay so much that would let emt are anything closer to what your company claims. This business have extremely high overhead unless your company found a way to do it without having auto insurance, gl/pl, worker comp, umbrella, etc

Last edited by a moderator:

ambulancemarl

Forum Probie
I never mentioned anything of monkey math or cooking the books. How most dialysis transport companys do it is auto fill narratives and having employees re write narratives. That's usually why new companys prefer new naive emts.

I can assure you we don't do that, if that will the case, I will run as fast as I can and wouldn't want to be associated with a company like that. We are looking for a combination of both actually, the experienced and the new one's, the mentor and mentee, we can't have all new grads, as they don't have that much experience in case of extreme emergency. And believe me, management relies on the senior EMT's experience too. There has to be a career path for the more senior ones too.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
I can assure you we don't do that, if that will the case, I will run as fast as I can and wouldn't want to be associated with a company like that. We are looking for a combination of both actually, the experienced and the new one's, the mentor and mentee, we can't have all new grads, as they don't have that much experience in case of extreme emergency. And believe me, management relies on the senior EMT's experience too. There has to be a career path for the more senior ones too.
Their are naive "older" ems staff as well. The ones that have floated around the mom and pop dialysis transport pool. Like the ones from Alpha all had to go some where. It simply doesn't matter to management anyways as most would say see the narrative. I wasn't present there for not responsible.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I'm just curious as to why most of the Ambulnz employees, supervisors, whatever on here have been members since breakfast and coming out of the wood work. I'm not one for conspiracies but one must wonder...

@Jennifer Martin the grass really is greener on the other side. Look at counties such as Riverside, San Bernardino, Kern, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Tulare, and Merced. Depending on your willingness to travel for a EMT job those counties have great companies. People joke about AMR being the evil empire but I've always been paid on time and compensated for any overtime and holidays. I jokingly call Hall ambulance the Kern County Cult but again probably the best private EMS company in CA. San Louis ambulance I've heard good things about as well as AMR Santa Barbara. Riggs ambulance in Merced county I've heard is awesome as well. Use the handy dandy search bar on here as most of these company's have been covered.

ambulancemarl

Forum Probie
It's not the math or the intricacies of your bookkeeping that keeps people here continuously frustrated with your company's representation. It's the borderline flippant nature of your coworker(s) approach to it. The combination of words 'business' and 'model' was repeated in this thread, by various new users claiming to be working at Ambulnz, in more or less every other of their posts, but when asked directly about it all we got in return was a 'why won't you come to our job fair and find out' response.

Your coworker(s) keep trying to reassure everyone how honest, caring and transparent the company is, yet the quote above clearly states your unwillingness to disclose any specific information. See, no one here cares about how your establishment was registered with the Chamber of Commerce and how it's listed in the books; if you came here in hopes of recruiting more people, advertising your company or otherwise spark interest in your enterprise, you should probably consider that a) this is one of the older EMS-related web resources, with a core membership having more or less a century or longer of combined EMS experience, b) yours isn't the first company to pop out of nowhere, with grandiose promises but very little to back it up with, and c) any failure, on your part, to properly answer direct questions, will do you and yours, a great disservice.

And to sum it up - you've just clearly stated that you don't intend to share proprietary information. So why in the world are you encouraging people to attend the job fair ? Are you expecting to power point them to death with handsome slides and win their hearts and minds, whilst keeping all the really important stuff out ?
I apologize, it must be annoying, to hear the same words over and over again, that's the product of the internet where everything has to have a buzzword.

There is unwillingness on our part to share our technology because we have invested time and money to make it work. Not sure about wowing you with powerpoint slides, maybe to show off our blue fleet, I can say we're guilty of that.

ambulancemarl

Forum Probie
I'm just curious as to why most of the Ambulnz employees, supervisors, whatever on here have been members since breakfast and coming out of the wood work. I'm not one for conspiracies but one must wonder...

@Jennifer Martin the grass really is greener on the other side. Look at counties such as Riverside, San Bernardino, Kern, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Tulare, and Merced. Depending on your willingness to travel for a EMT job those counties have great companies. People joke about AMR being the evil empire but I've always been paid on time and compensated for any overtime and holidays. I jokingly call Hall ambulance the Kern County Cult but again probably the best private EMS company in CA. San Louis ambulance I've heard good things about as well as AMR Santa Barbara. Riggs ambulance in Merced county I've heard is awesome as well. Use the handy dandy search bar on here as most of these company's have been covered.
Okay, please don't tell them am here, you know one can easily be drawn into conversation here. Better get to work. Thank you though for a wonderful time. I am enlightened.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
I apologize, it must be annoying, to hear the same words over and over again, that's the product of the internet where everything has to have a buzzword.

There is unwillingness on our part to share our technology because we have invested time and money to make it work. Not sure about wowing you with powerpoint slides, maybe to show off our blue fleet, I can say we're guilty of that.

And this is a perfect example of an all-too-familiar contemptuous response, in Ambulnz'ese. But please, keep patronizing people, you're doing great.

P.S. Absolutely nowhere in this thread, have anyone ever mentioned 'sharing your technology'. Once again, this is a forum for professionals, by professionals. If you intend to keep joggling with words, and expect people to get lost in translation - you've came to the wrong place.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief

What your company basically is claiming that 2+2=5 when everyone else is saying 4. The reimbursement rate are just not there, it is pretty much impossible to pay close to 100k per emt without going bankrupt. 100k is what many people with Bs degree don't even make

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
What your company basically is claiming that 2+2=5 when everyone else is saying 4. The reimbursement rate are just not there, it is pretty much impossible to pay close to 100k per emt without going bankrupt. 100k is what many people with Bs degree don't even make
And that was my point to them! LOL
You have 10 apples, you give away 9 and some how your left with 20?????

Status
Not open for further replies.