Ambulnz Health, LLC (Los Angeles County)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
c94274089e2c130934f779388f9d96e4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe

Back in the day, there was this gem of a creative software called 'Interactive Robot Chat', where the "AI" responded with predefined blocks of text to any query. No matter what kind of question there was, the answer would be 'I appreciate your interest and value your opinion, would you like to talk about it ?'.

Kinda feels the same.

Dan Louk

Forum Probie
My level of interest is low to nil. I don't live in southern California, never intend to.
I would say that's a pretty vague response. You didn't answer my question at all. Anyway, you're asking all these questions so thought you were interested to learn more about AMBULNZ. There must be other reasons then...I won't speculate here on this forum (as others often here do). Enjoy the rest of your weekend Chimpie!

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

This is what the tread has become. The only real productive people here are the ones asking questions... over... and over... and over... and over... and over again. We keep getting the same vague answer every... single... time.

I've drawn up two conclusions:
1. This dude has multiple accounts on here.
2. He's spamming.

Either way there has been enough of this thread to give any potential applicant a good view of what this company is like. If we can't get even the simplest yes or no answers on here, then it must be a b**ch and a half working there. I have made up my mind that this is just another run of the mill dialysis for days company that boasts a 60k+ pay for EMTs. Just for a reference, thats what most fire departments will start at. So one must ask how does a private BLS IFT company pay compare to that of a fire department? It just doesn't, not here not anywhere in SO CAL. Management must be a bear at Ambulnz as well as the supervisors because this is just asinine at this point when we can't get answers to yes or no questions. Now I'm all for a good discussion and hearing how other companies run their shop, but what have we learned in this thread? Absolutely nothing other than there was a job fair a couple days ago. Now again, I don't know if its just me coming off a 5 day stretch working 12's doing system status (street corner posting) but I'm frustrated to the point its comical to me that I'm so frustrated. To the trolls (the Ambulnz guys, you're not posters, you're trolls at this point) I recon that you'll last a couple years before you get shut down like every other BLS IFT company in LACo. I also hope potential applicants see this thread and will realize that this is all smoke and mirrors and that there are truly better places in LACo. Yes the Riverside county guy is saying theres better places in LACo. this is what its come down to for me.

Dan Louk

Forum Probie

This is what the tread has become. The only real productive people here are the ones asking questions... over... and over... and over... and over... and over again. We keep getting the same vague answer every... single... time.

I've drawn up two conclusions:
1. This dude has multiple accounts on here.
2. He's spamming.

Either way there has been enough of this thread to give any potential applicant a good view of what this company is like. If we can't get even the simplest yes or no answers on here, then it must be a b**ch and a half working there. I have made up my mind that this is just another run of the mill dialysis for days company that boasts a 60k+ pay for EMTs. Just for a reference, thats what most fire departments will start at. So one must ask how does a private BLS IFT company pay compare to that of a fire department? It just doesn't, not here not anywhere in SO CAL. Management must be a bear at Ambulnz as well as the supervisors because this is just asinine at this point when we can't get answers to yes or no questions. Now I'm all for a good discussion and hearing how other companies run their shop, but what have we learned in this thread? Absolutely nothing other than there was a job fair a couple days ago. Now again, I don't know if its just me coming off a 5 day stretch working 12's doing system status (street corner posting) but I'm frustrated to the point its comical to me that I'm so frustrated. To the trolls (the Ambulnz guys, you're not posters, you're trolls at this point) I recon that you'll last a couple years before you get shut down like every other BLS IFT company in LACo. I also hope potential applicants see this thread and will realize that this is all smoke and mirrors and that there are truly better places in LACo. Yes the Riverside county guy is saying theres better places in LACo. this is what its come down to for me.
Good, hardworking people who wish to work for a great company know where to find us. I'm sorry this upsets you but it's really not fair to post false accusations as you've been doing. Trying to instill fear as a tactic is not going to work with EMTs. They know better. EMTs should have an equal opportunity to find the best workplace for them. No reason to try to stop them from earning more $$$ with AMBULNZ. it's not fair to them.
This message is sent from a single account. Not the spam you accuse me of sending. Speaking from the heart to the EMTs out there looking for a better opportunity to support themselves and their families.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Good, hardworking people who wish to work for a great company know where to find us. I'm sorry this upsets you but it's really not fair to post false accusations as you've been doing. Trying to instill fear as a tactic is not going to work with EMTs. They know better. EMTs should have an equal opportunity to find the best workplace for them. No reason to try to stop them from earning more $$$ with AMBULNZ. it's not fair to them.
This message is sent from a single account. Not the spam you accuse me of sending. Speaking from the heart to the EMTs out there looking for a better opportunity to support themselves and their families.
I've been watching this thread and finding it very entertaining. I worked out in LA County for about ten years and left for a better paying job with retirement benefits. Can you explain how you can pay your employees more than the other companies, while reimbursements are going down with both Medicare and MediCal?

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
I've been watching this thread and finding it very entertaining. I worked out in LA County for about ten years and left for a better paying job with retirement benefits. Can you explain how you can pay your employees more than the other companies, while reimbursements are going down with both Medicare and MediCal?
I asked a loooooong time ago. No direct answer.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
My level of interest is low to nil. I don't live in southern California, never intend to.
I would say that's a pretty vague response.
Actually, my answer was direct and to the point. No fluff.

Anyway, you're asking all these questions so thought you were interested to learn more about AMBULNZ.
He asked one question...
Yep, only asked you one question. In fact, I didn't post in this thread until post #352, posted again at #480, and then jumped into the conversation at #515.

There must be other reasons then...
My level of interest is only to the point of protecting our site, our members, and our guests.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
For the millionth time. I feel like I'm talking to freaking kindergartners. POST-IT-ON-HERE.
They will not post it because you will not like their answer. It appears they borrowed the model from uber and taxi. Uber part is assign to next available unit as long as they are in the approximate area and taxi part, those that want to make money will be willing to work 18 hours a day, almost every single day. When you take overtime in to account etc you can get to those crazy numbers. I personally wouldn't want my love ones to be taken by emt's that only sleep 4 hours a day and trying to be done with a call as quickly as possible so they can pick up next one.

buzzer400

Forum Ride Along
I want to thank everyone for making the Ambulnz open house a huge success. We shattered all prior recruiting efforts and are grateful to those on this forum for raising the curiosity. Stay tuned for the next open house announcement and make to ask about our world class benefits package, Paramedic scholarship program that will be available for "all" full time EMT's and many more Ambulnz advantages. We are committed to making Ambulnz the place to be for world class EMT's, Paramedics, RT's and nurses.

ambulancemarl

Forum Probie
I'd hate to ask permission to go to the bathroom from these volks. "Maybe.... maybe not..... come to the job fair tomorrow and find out!" LOL they are owned by by a firm in upstate NY covering with several owners. 12 were listed as children of one owner. Their are 6 or so listed as unknown roles in the company. Mostly its comprised it seems of everyone from
Aegis
Impulse
Etc
If you want I can put up my research.

Greetings--
Mind if I chime in? Please put up your research so that we can make corrections to it. Am pretty sure that is not what's listed in the company's SEC regular filings.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Greetings--
Mind if I chime in? Please put up your research so that we can make corrections to it. Am pretty sure that is not what's listed in the company's SEC regular filings.
You can google it. It's public info. Do you guys lose your passwords easily or something? They have a helpful link for that so you guys don't have to flood the board with numerous different screen names.

ambulancemarl

Forum Probie
You can google it. It's public info. Do you guys lose your passwords easily or something? They have a helpful link for that so you guys don't have to flood the board with numerous different screen names.

Yeah, it is, that's why am wondering why your information is incorrect. FYI, there are different screen names because there are different users. We are a big company after all.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah, it is, that's why am wondering why your information is incorrect. FYI, there are different screen names because there are different users. We are a big company after all.
Maybe you can answer the question thats been asked several times over than?

ambulancemarl

Forum Probie
Maybe you can answer the question thats been asked several times over than?

Being new to the industry, I have been following message boards, reading a lot on business practices, rules, industry news, the competition, etc, anything that spells NEMT and still my knowledge is lacking. So, don't blame me if I get lost sometimes. From the sagatic thread, I first thought that is this how a "new kid on the block is being welcomed?"

We can't even properly introduce ourselves and we are being maligned. I get that some years back, some enterprising companies, gave the industry a bad rap, claiming from Medicare/Medicaid payments for services that were not even rendered, to the millions. There is even one company who does not even have a rig and was able to collect. That is awful, putting honest employees and owners in a bad light. It may still be happening now, but Ambulnz is not one of those companies. We are a new company, our growth may not be organic but through acquisition, we are trying our best.

From the glassdoor thread, I also gathered that there are indeed companies who don't treat their team members like a "person", when they are the asset of the industry. Sad, indeed.

From the thread, I gather that question being raised is what is our business model. Accusations being hurled at us for our failure to disclose. We are a corporation, we invested time and money, consulting with the experts on how to best deliver our services efficiently, without risk to employees and patients. As such, we can't share such proprietary information. What we are sharing is the result, the possibility of earning more dollars. We don't force our team members to work more than they should, that's why we have schedulers.

An exchange of ideas to improve the industry, making it a great place to be, would be more fun.

So there, Mr. Gone Fishing, no magic, no drama, no lies.

Just like the rest of the folks in this board, trying to make an honest living in a respectful manner, without shedding our dignity. Let's have fun.

I remain respectful,

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Being new to the industry, I have been following message boards, reading a lot on business practices, rules, industry news, the competition, etc, anything that spells NEMT and still my knowledge is lacking. So, don't blame me if I get lost sometimes. From the sagatic thread, I first thought that is this how a "new kid on the block is being welcomed?"

We can't even properly introduce ourselves and we are being maligned. I get that some years back, some enterprising companies, gave the industry a bad rap, claiming from Medicare/Medicaid payments for services that were not even rendered, to the millions. There is even one company who does not even have a rig and was able to collect. That is awful, putting honest employees and owners in a bad light. It may still be happening now, but Ambulnz is not one of those companies. We are a new company, our growth may not be organic but through acquisition, we are trying our best.

From the glassdoor thread, I also gathered that there are indeed companies who don't treat their team members like a "person", when they are the asset of the industry. Sad, indeed.

From the thread, I gather that question being raised is what is our business model. Accusations being hurled at us for our failure to disclose. We are a corporation, we invested time and money, consulting with the experts on how to best deliver our services efficiently, without risk to employees and patients. As such, we can't share such proprietary information. What we are sharing is the result, the possibility of earning more dollars. We don't force our team members to work more than they should, that's why we have schedulers.

An exchange of ideas to improve the industry, making it a great place to be, would be more fun.

So there, Mr. Gone Fishing, no magic, no drama, no lies.

Just like the rest of the folks in this board, trying to make an honest living in a respectful manner, without shedding our dignity. Let's have fun.

I remain respectful,
Yes but the math does not make any sense. Especially with a declining/poor pay out from both medi-cal and medi-care. To pay one individual starting at a wage that is no where near what it is nationally for a new person in this field and to times that by even more than 10 it does not seem feasible. Atleast you came forward and said you can't share the info. Even so doing so leaves open a wide speculation. If you're hurt for being the new kid on the block you probably
never worked real ems before. You can be the sweetest and greatest to a patient and they will still throw insults to you or do physical harm. Those who don't have a tough skin don't survive long.

Status
Not open for further replies.