Ambulance stolen from hospital

flhtci01

Forum Captain
Ambulance stolen from Okla. hospital

DEL CITY, Okla. - A woman is in the Oklahoma County jail after allegedly stealing an ambulance early Friday.

http://www.koco.com/news/21928535/detail.html

In an interview with Eyewitness News 5, Jones explained why she did it.

"I have mental problems," she said. "I had the ambulance and I had a pretty good time driving it"

Jones is facing charges of driving under the influence of alcohol and stealing a vehicle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasha

Forum Chief
The article's comment section makes me giggle.

Pyromedic

Forum Probie
Well if you are gonna do something like that. Hope it's worth it, apperantly for her it was.^_^

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
When I park the ambulance, I always take the keys with me. Lots and lots of ambulances are stolen from ER parking lots every year. Since we're a BLS rig, I'm not too concerned about someone getting onboard and stealing the gauze or oral glucose, but stealing the whole ambulance would be a problem. ;)

I should mention that I take the keys despite having been told to leave them in the rig, because someone once lost the keys, stranding the ambulance at the hospital until a public works employee could be woken up to get the second set from the Township.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
This was one of my units. I cannot make any official comments until all of the dust settles, there is more than is being said. Medics had transported a critically injured patient and the patient left the ED and stole the EMS unit.

There are plenty of links to video of the person admitting and her supposed reason why.

R/r 911

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow, she really doesn't look like a psych patient... Just a drunk college girl lol ...Decent looking one too :p