Ambulance=Mobile love shack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

citizensoldierny

Forum Captain
Just wondering how many hear have used the ambulance to meet chicks/ambulance groupies or have even used the ambulance as noted in thread title?

ah2388

Forum Lieutenant
and not to say that it hasnt or wont happen

but lol @ threads like this

We're trying hard enough to increase this profession's legitimacy:-(

OP
OP
citizensoldierny

citizensoldierny

Forum Captain
I'm all for professionalism but all for fun too. We all know it happens, lets spread the word and make it an accepted practice. Practice scene safety though= Wrap it before you tap it.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
what is this trauma?

CollegeBoy

Forum Lieutenant
I've been reading this and several other threads you started, trying so hard to keep my nose clean and not jump into them. I think you need to calm your labido and settle down in general. Most of us look to "increase this profession's legitimacy:-(" However, it is not helped by those who look to the same side of the proffession that you do.

It has been well established on this forum that the show trauma is in no way accurate and only hurts the reputation of our feild. Those feelings are not only here on this forum. A few days after the show aired, I was catching up with one of my mentors; I've known her since I was a little kid and she helped me alot when I first got started in the feild. Somehow we brought up the show Trauma. She refused to talk of it. She claimed that our feild is already one of much controversy and we do not need to be giving the public the wrong impression of a feild that they already know nothing of. Consider then that this is coming from a woman who has been in the EMS feild for 22 years.

This thread and several others, including your dream partner, have shown that you think of the EMS proffession almost in the same way as the show trauma. I hope that you do not act of the EMS feild the same way to the public as you do here on this forum.

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
Knowing what goes on in the back of an ambulance when "used as directed", nothing could convince me to remove any of my clothing back there. The thought of what sort of bacteria and viruses find homes in an ambo... no way.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Knowing what goes on in the back of an ambulance when "used as directed", nothing could convince me to remove any of my clothing back there. The thought of what sort of bacteria and viruses find homes in an ambo... no way.

+ ten million

And, this thread is doing absolutly nothing to improve the image of EMS. Don't think that the general public dosn't already think that that is what happens. Also don't think that only EMTs read this forum. I would advise that if any of you want to continue this debate, start a moderated group that only can be viewed by approved users. If you need help with that I'm sure there is info on how to set one up on here somewhere.

But that is just my $0.02

cm4short

Forum Lieutenant
So people need to lighten up. I mean, how many other professions do the same thing and still are considered a profession. Ever wondered what happens in that vacant floor at certain hospitals. You think military soldiers are abstinent during their deployment. Nobodies perfect. The thing is, teach people how to break the rules properly instead of hanging them out to dry.

VentMedic

Forum Chief
So people need to lighten up. I mean, how many other professions do the same thing and still are considered a profession. Ever wondered what happens in that vacant floor at certain hospitals. You think military soldiers are abstinent during their deployment. Nobodies perfect. The thing is, teach people how to break the rules properly instead of hanging them out to dry.

Show me a nursing, PA, RT, PT, OT or whatever forum that allows similar types of threads.

I think you have been watching too much TV.
Do you know what happens to any medical professional if even a rumor is heard of such activity?

Do you understand anything about being a professional and maintaining that image?

Do you think patients are going to be more trusting of you if they know you are thinking about sex when taking care of them? Are parents going to trust you to get all "hands on" with their child if they think you have other ideas than a medical assessment? Do you think patients would care to know they are laying on a stretcher you just had sex on with someone?

How can you compare solders who are deployed for many months to you who may work for only a few hours and then go home? What an insult to those that serve this country?

cm4short

Forum Lieutenant
Show me a nursing, PA, RT, PT, OT or whatever forum that allows similar types of threads.

I think you have been watching too much TV.
Do you know what happens to any medical professional if even a rumor is heard of such activity?

Do you understand anything about being a professional and maintaining that image?

Do you think patients are going to be more trusting of you if they know you are thinking about sex when taking care of them? Are parents going to trust you to get all "hands on" with their child if they think you have other ideas than a medical assessment? Do you think patients would care to know they are laying on a stretcher you just had sex on with someone?

How can you compare solders who are deployed for many months to you who may work for only a few hours and then go home? What an insult to those that serve this country?

So, let me get this right... We're not supposed to think about sex?

We are professionals and exhibit that when in view of the public and responding to calls. But, during our down time we are all, or at least most of us, are human. You act as if those that have engaged in "that" run around with their ****** out counting down minutes to the next ****.

I wish I had the was at work for just a few hours and went home. In reality, it's the opposite for most of us.

I'm not saying it's OK to do this, because we are all fully aware of the consequences. But, sometimes, you have to live a little(not referring to the topic alone). But, it's the freedoms that this career has to offer that alleviate some of the stresses we have to deal with on this job.

With that said. If someone does choose to do this; don't run your mouth about it in a public forum as "lightsandsirens5" mentioned. But, if you must, keep it between people you know and trust:excl: Or, you'll burn yourself and anyone around to you.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Wow, not sure how I missed this one. This thread is locked, as it is absolutely clear that the original poster's intent was to troll.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.