Ambulance Design

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Originally posted by Chimpie@Oct 2 2005, 01:57 PM
Yet you miss the irony of me getting my picture taken with it just three days after learning what that truck is.

LOL
LOL :)

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by Chimpie@Oct 2 2005, 12:57 PM
Yet you miss the irony of me getting my picture taken with it just three days after learning what that truck is.

LOL
That's not the point...

It's a fake Squad 51. They should be shot! :angry:

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by TTLWHKR+Oct 2 2005, 06:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TTLWHKR @ Oct 2 2005, 06:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Chimpie@Oct 2 2005, 12:57 PM
LOL
That's not the point...
It's a fake Squad 51. They should be shot! :angry: [/b][/quote]
Yeah, taking old vehicles and making them replicas of emergency vehicles. The nerve... ;)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Chimpie@Oct 2 2005, 01:57 PM

LOL
You gotten it taken this week???

Wow!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by TTLWHKR+Oct 2 2005, 06:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TTLWHKR @ Oct 2 2005, 06:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Chimpie@Oct 2 2005, 12:57 PM

LOL
That's not the point...

It's a fake Squad 51. They should be shot! :angry: [/b][/quote]
Alex has a point!

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Oct 2 2005, 07:44 PM

Wow!
Yeah, got it taken on Saturday. :D

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Chimpie+Oct 2 2005, 08:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chimpie @ Oct 2 2005, 08:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MedicStudentJon@Oct 2 2005, 07:44 PM

Wow!
Yeah, got it taken on Saturday. :D [/b][/quote]
Cool.

Where?

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Home Depot... for Fire Prevention Week Expo. I drove by on the way to lunch and just had to have it taken.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by Chimpie+Oct 2 2005, 05:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chimpie @ Oct 2 2005, 05:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Oct 2 2005, 06:17 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Chimpie
@Oct 2 2005, 12:57 PM
LOL

That's not the point...
It's a fake Squad 51. They should be shot! :angry:
Yeah, taking old vehicles and making them replicas of emergency vehicles. The nerve... ;) [/b][/quote]
YES! The Nerve!

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Oct 2 2005, 07:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Oct 2 2005, 07:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Chimpie@Oct 2 2005, 08:00 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-MedicStudentJon
@Oct 2 2005, 07:44 PM

Wow!

Cool.

Where? [/b][/quote]
I'm sure you could buy one...

They used dozens of them to make the show, if you looked, I bet one could be found.

I want one of the first Squad 51's.

If you look in the first season, they use three different Squads in some episodes.
The differences are not that obvious, two are the same, but with different lightbars, and one has a completely different grill and headlight setup.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by TTLWHKR+Oct 2 2005, 08:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TTLWHKR @ Oct 2 2005, 08:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Oct 2 2005, 07:01 PM

Wow!

Cool.

Where?

They used dozens of them to make the show, if you looked, I bet one could be found.

If you look in the first season, they use three different Squads in some episodes.
The differences are not that obvious, two are the same, but with different lightbars, and one has a completely different grill and headlight setup. [/b][/quote]
There is one that is affiliated with the 3rd alarm muesum - in LA County.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Oct 2 2005, 07:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Oct 2 2005, 07:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Oct 2 2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Oct 2 2005, 07:01 PM

Wow!

Cool.

Where?

The differences are not that obvious, two are the same, but with different lightbars, and one has a completely different grill and headlight setup.
There is one that is affiliated with the 3rd alarm muesum - in LA County. [/b][/quote]
Oh?

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Oct 2 2005, 05:18 PM
That's the one in my pic. Its the one that was used for the majority of the show and was restored a couple years ago and sent on the "Project 51" tour around the country, including the Smithsonian. If you look closely, you can see the "County of Los Angeles Fire Museum" sign on the upper rear corner.

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
Originally posted by Chimpie+Oct 2 2005, 11:12 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chimpie @ Oct 2 2005, 11:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SafetyPro@Sep 28 2005, 12:14 PM
squad51.jpg

Sorry Chris, I had to go one step farther...

Chimpie w/ squad 51 w/ the lightbar on. HA!
squad51a.jpg
[/b][/quote]
Even Though you got your Picture taken with that fake piece of junk, you are still a Blasfeme!

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by SafetyPro+Oct 3 2005, 02:05 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SafetyPro @ Oct 3 2005, 02:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MedicStudentJon@Oct 2 2005, 05:18 PM
That's the one in my pic. Its the one that was used for the majority of the show and was restored a couple years ago and sent on the "Project 51" tour around the country, including the Smithsonian. If you look closely, you can see the "County of Los Angeles Fire Museum" sign on the upper rear corner. [/b][/quote]
They were in Hyattsville, Md about five or six years ago... That's the first time I seen the REAL Squad 51.

Emergency! Website

Project 51

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
The "Real" Squad 51 is part of the County of Los Angeles Fire Musuem..... And Randy Mantooth helps them out.... does fundraisers, gives speeches, etc.

It was this "Real" Squad 51 that was featured in James Page's Funeral procession last year.

Same truck was on display at the Smithsonian several years ago.... I thing 2000 or 2001 - celebrate 30 years since the show aired.

Lots of history in that truck.

And if I'm ever out that way....I'm getting my picture taken with it ;) :p

Jon

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Oct 3 2005, 12:06 PM
The "Real" Squad 51 is part of the County of Los Angeles Fire Musuem..... And Randy Mantooth helps them out.... does fundraisers, gives speeches, etc.

It was this "Real" Squad 51 that was featured in James Page's Funeral procession last year.

Same truck was on display at the Smithsonian several years ago.... I thing 2000 or 2001 - celebrate 30 years since the show aired.

Lots of history in that truck.

And if I'm ever out that way....I'm getting my picture taken with it ;) :p

Jon
I can see the photos now...

Jon diving over the security rope, three guards diving in after him... We can see Squad 51 in the background.

Yeah, I guess that will count.

DFDEMS

Forum Crew Member
I used to work in southern California and we ran a newer version of that as a "medic squad."

We had a set of "spreaders" that were a good 3-4 feet tall and had to weigh close to 100lbs. Every time we turned right I was worried they would come flying out the side door onto some ladies car or something.

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
UMMMM.....I guess I am really lost here.....Whats so special about Squad 51? Is it on the same level as Herbie the LoveBug only the emergency vehicle version? what TV show it is from?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by EMTPrincess@Oct 3 2005, 09:25 PM
UMMMM.....I guess I am really lost here.....Whats so special about Squad 51? Is it on the same level as Herbie the LoveBug only the emergency vehicle version? what TV show it is from?
/Dives for cover :ph34r:

Seriously, Squad 51 was the station number in the TV show Emergency which gave a lot of publicity to EMS in its early years. As a matter of fact, the first couple of episodes dealt with the inception of modern EMS and how the doctors and nurses fought against EMS.

It also set the mindset in the American public that everytime they call an ambulance, they get a Johnny and Roy type paramedic.