Ambulance agencies going just EMT-P?

GoldcrossEMTbasic

Forum Lieutenant
I have applied for a large agency. They said my resume and qualifications meet the requirements. However they asked me if I was in paramedic school, I said no. They said they only hire EMT-Bs that are moving up to the paramedic level. But the job description did not say. I feel that is misleading. But does anybody know if large agencies are going to just EMT-Ps like AMR or or FDNY? I know mayo medical transport, hires EMT-Bs but they need to be in paramedic school to work for them.:p

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I have applied for a large agency. They said my resume and qualifications meet the requirements. However they asked me if I was in paramedic school, I said no. They said they only hire EMT-Bs that are moving up to the paramedic level. But the job description did not say. I feel that is misleading. But does anybody know if large agencies are going to just EMT-Ps like AMR or or FDNY? I know mayo medical transport, hires EMT-Bs but they need to be in paramedic school to work for them.:p
FDNY is not going to all EMT-Ps. That will never happen, not in my lifetime anyway.

maybe you should look at going to paramedic school?

and I know of many large agencies nation that hire EMTs, some even pay them decently. why don't you narrow down where you are looking, or what you are looking for (or how you define large agency), and you might get some decent suggestions

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief

Maybe the Mayo system has a high turnover and they need a constant supply of new medics.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Employment trends in your area generally difficult to extrapolate to other areas. EMS is very much a local thing and communities and regions are going to attempt to find a service model that meets their needs and (more importantly) their budget.

One service hiring all paramedics or prospective paramedics means that service is hiring all paramedics or prospective paramedics and little else.