Ah yes, another San Diego Thread! (But a Medic this time!)

Epi52

Forum Probie
Just like the title says! Just got my Medic Card via reciprocity, so I can start the job hunt. What are my prospects??? AMR or Rural Metro and thats it, or are there any other places around that hire Paramedics??? I'm located on the 805/5 split if that helps, I've been a Medic for a little while now, does experience count for much out here? :unsure:

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Before anyone yells at me... I used the search function, didn't have much luck!

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Try Americare. Since you're so far north you might want to consider going in to orange county as well.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Monkey

Forum Lieutenant
San Diego R/M is full up, they have guys with P-cards working BLS units and have had for a year or so because they're so full of Medics, they can't rotate them to a medic unit. Don't know about AMR, but I was told by one of their guys that they laid off a few and are on a hiring freeze of sorts since Nov.

You may wind up searching OC and Riverside for work, but sounds like it's busting at the seams up there too.

ShotMedic

Forum Crew Member
I have heard of AMR slowly hiring medics and putting people through. It's not fast by any means but faster then Rural metro. There is Mercy Paramedics, but to get hired there is harder then rural metro. How many years did you spend in your last system?? If you have more than 3 years in a busy EMS system mercy air might be worth a try.

OP
OP
E

Epi52

Forum Probie
I have heard of AMR slowly hiring medics and putting people through. It's not fast by any means but faster then Rural metro. There is Mercy Paramedics, but to get hired there is harder then rural metro. How many years did you spend in your last system?? If you have more than 3 years in a busy EMS system mercy air might be worth a try.

I guess I will apply at AMR. I do have more than three years, although just over three. I read the protocols for ground and was a little surprised, they are very limited to say in the least. Half the drugs I am used to carrying.

JPINFV

Gadfly
You may wind up searching OC and Riverside for work, but sounds like it's busting at the seams up there too.

OC doesn't allow paramedics on private ambulances.

ShotMedic

Forum Crew Member
Well I would throw an app in with mercy air, the only set back is you may have to take a job in another county before transferring to San Diego

OP
OP
E

Epi52

Forum Probie
Thanks for the responses guys, would anyone happen to know it AMR riverside runs 24 hour shifts? I wouldnt mind driving the for a 24.