Age and EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

Forum Ride Along
Good for you,I also just passedNremt and i,m an old dog. been a volunteer firefighter for years. We can all learn from the experience of others

oldschoolmedic

Forum Lieutenant
This forum is populated by the most mature group of young emts, and the grumpiest old dawgs ever. Case closed. Enough of the bickering.

Respectfully, I am requesting the mods to lock this nonsense. It has devolved from what could have been an intelligent discussion to a "You're not the boss of me / Get off my lawn you stupid kids" debate.

Again please lock this thread.

For the record I am one of the old dawgs (+20 years), and I still find discussions like this disheartening.

Last edited by a moderator:

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
This forum is populated by the most mature group of young emts, and the grumpiest old dawgs ever. Case closed. Enough of the bickering.

Respectfully, I am requesting the mods to lock this nonsense. It has devolved from what could have been an intelligent discussion to a "You're not the boss of me / Get off my lawn you stupid kids" debate.

Again please lock this thread.

For the record I am one of the old dawgs (+20 years), and I still find discussions like this disheartening.

Nope, not at this time...although I will be watching this thread closely for the next few days.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
tazman7: I did not say anywhere in my post that because of that event in my life I feel I can take on the whole world. What I said is that I have the potential to be able to act effectively in similar situations. With more training I might come to a point where I can handle patient care effectively.

I will never say I know everything, That I can handle every situation without it affecting me in some way, or that just because of one thing (seeing that event, or taking an EMT-(A,B,C...Z) class) that I will be able to do everything. Only time will tell on what truly will happen.

Though personally I have all the confidence in the world that I will make a great EMT, but will always have something to learn.

Hannah.911

Forum Probie
Though personally I have all the confidence in the world that I will make a great EMT, but will always have something to learn.

Bravo!!!!!

medic417

The Truth Provider
Nope, not at this time...although I will be watching this thread closely for the next few days.

:ph34r:

I always feel like somebodys watching me. B)

tazman7

Forum Crew Member
Now, while I agree with the first half of that sentence, the second half irks me.

This is what I hate about some people--- the "better than thou" attitude, more education or not.

I bet you wouldn't feel good if a Doctor or an RN told you the exact same thing.

So you think you're a better person because you have a red patch and he doesn't? We're all on the same team with different skill levels, you just need to learn to respect people, whether your agree or not.

You can have your views on how to better EMS, but if those views include belittling people, count me out.

Im not claiming to be better than anybody.. i just stated that I think its funny how some people think that just because they are in emt-b class they are now god and can handle any situation...

Ill be the first one to tell you that I dont know how to treat every situation because I dont have enough experience. I just got out of medic school and learn new things everytime im in the back of the rig just like seasoned veterans.

Im sure that there are some emt-b's out there that can hold their own as far as knowledge goes even to a medic...but for a person to be IN emt-b class and stating that they can handle a life or death decisions is just rediculous, they dont have a license to do s***. Not even apply oxygen... so thats what irks me..

medic417

The Truth Provider
Im not claiming to be better than anybody.. i just stated that I think its funny how some people think that just because they are in emt-b class they are now god and can handle any situation...

Ill be the first one to tell you that I dont know how to treat every situation because I dont have enough experience. I just got out of medic school and learn new things everytime im in the back of the rig just like seasoned veterans.

Im sure that there are some emt-b's out there that can hold their own as far as knowledge goes even to a medic...but for a person to be IN emt-b class and stating that they can handle a life or death decisions is just rediculous, they dont have a license to do s***. Not even apply oxygen... so thats what irks me..

That is the truth. What the heck makes people think they are doing so much with so little education. A two week first aid course is nothing to brag about. Yes there are some that have gotten additional education but a two week first aid course will not help you do more than really a boy scout can do.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
And that's enough of this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.