ACLS Class

Puahala

Forum Probie
Has anyone had any experience with the refreshing of ACLS with the Heartcode version? I have heard good and bad things. For one, the convenience of it is spectacular, as for the course details I am not sure about. Anyone else's thoughts?

For those who have not heard of it, here is the website:

http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=3018426

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Are there any on line programs that do no have a fee?
Thanks
It is not possible to get your ACLS cert for no fee. Someone is paying a fee somewhere, whether it's you, your service, or your state.

coolidge

Forum Crew Member
Are there specific requirements?

Who approves/credentials the teachers or the class?

Fee goes to who?

Arkymedic

Forum Captain
Are there specific requirements?

Who approves/credentials the teachers or the class?

Fee goes to who?

Thats the whole problem with the entire ACLS system. There are fantastic programs and then there are programs where people do "group mega-codes" or only verbalize and never touch a dummy with piss poor instructors. The new ACLS standards require you already be AHA Healthcare Provider certified, complete pre-course checklist consisting of a pretest, basic knowledge of rhythm interpretation, have access to student manual, understand the case studies, the algorithms, and medications used and have access to a computer since most of the book is now on the student CD. The instructor is certified through AHA as ACLS Instructor and he signs off that you have completed all the requirements of the course and are knowledgeable in ACLS. The cost of the ACLS course varies depending on the instructor. The only real payment to the AHA is for the card and the rest is to the training center and instructor for their time, equipment, resources, facility cost, etc. For the online program the cost of the Heartcode ACLS is $100 for the CD and then whatever you pay the instructor to check off on skills.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
One has to remember that ACLS is not a course that certifies anything. Rather, the completion of a course only means that you have completed and passed a course meeting the requirements of that organization (AHA).

I personally charge about $150 to $200 per evaluation for Heart Code evaluation of skills, processing through training center, etc.

The normal ACLS course in my area is anywhere from $175-300 per course. Even the computer base ones are at least $200.

I personally don't make profit of teaching ACLS. For my time, purchasing and rental of equipment or obtaining such, and as well re-certfying costs as an instructor is not a cheap process either.

Personally, even though I am not a fan of AHA ACLS programs, it is the only nationally accredited program for ACLS. Programs such as this are costly, those that are similar (PHTLS/ITLS, even nurses TNCC courses usually costs about that). I usually spend about $500 to $1000 a year on such type courses. It is part of the expense of being in the business.

R/r 911

Arkymedic

Forum Captain
One has to remember that ACLS is not a course that certifies anything. Rather, the completion of a course only means that you have completed and passed a course meeting the requirements of that organization (AHA).

I personally charge about $150 to $200 per evaluation for Heart Code evaluation of skills, processing through training center, etc.

The normal ACLS course in my area is anywhere from $175-300 per course. Even the computer base ones are at least $200.

I personally don't make profit of teaching ACLS. For my time, purchasing and rental of equipment or obtaining such, and as well re-certfying costs as an instructor is not a cheap process either.

Personally, even though I am not a fan of AHA ACLS programs, it is the only nationally accredited program for ACLS. Programs such as this are costly, those that are similar (PHTLS/ITLS, even nurses TNCC courses usually costs about that). I usually spend about $500 to $1000 a year on such type courses. It is part of the expense of being in the business.

R/r 911

Well put Rid