Accelerated Paramedic Schools

reaper

Working Bum
Congrats, You can pass a test!

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
Not only can you pass multiple tests, but you can also resuscitate a 10 month old thread from the dead. Good job!

Now that we are past the sarcasm, was there an intended point to your post???

medic417

The Truth Provider
Not only can you pass multiple tests, but you can also resuscitate a 10 month old thread from the dead. Good job!

Perhaps he is trying to get his 150th post so he can chat.:wacko:

Education should be required to increase. We are dealing with peoples lives. Less education is not something to brag about.

Zephyr

Forum Crew Member

Although it's a late reply, the point is, I'm making members aware of an accredited accelerated paramedic program at an accredited university in New York City. If anyone wants more info, just PM me.

VentMedic

Forum Chief
Although it's a late reply, the point is, I'm making members aware of an accredited accelerated paramedic program at an accredited university in New York City. If anyone wants more info, just PM me.

I hope you are not bragging about accelerated programs and declaring their worth to the profession.

Zephyr

Forum Crew Member
I hope you are not bragging about accelerated programs and declaring their worth to the profession.

I was merely providing a late answer to the original question, "If anyone knows of any full-time acclerated paramedic schools (anywhere in US) that is taking students for an EARLY 2007 start date, I would greatly appreciate any info." Is that a problem, to answer a member's question?

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
I completed a 4-week long accelerated EMT-B course in May, got certified in one state, passed the National shortly after, and got reciprocity in another state in July. I'm currently in an accelerated 10-month Paramedic program at a university, and volunteering at two Ambulance Corps. The other day, I passed the FD's agility test to work for them as an EMT-B :)

Frank

Yeah, but do you know anything? Is this the same University that now has two ex instructors and also a shake and bake program? Hmm.. so far it does not sound reputable?

R/r 911

Zephyr

Forum Crew Member
Yeah, but do you know anything? Is this the same University that now has two ex instructors and also a shake and bake program? Hmm.. so far it does not sound reputable?

R/r 911

It is not your place to question if I know anything. We have never met. You don't even know me. Have you worked with me before? Are you my medical director? Have you worked EMS over here? Have you worked with my instructors? I normally wouldn't doubt a stranger for no reason, but do YOU know anything? How well versed are you in non-EMS related topics?

And please don't insult our university, which is very reputable. Our Paramedic program is very reputable as well, and has produced many quality Paramedics. Do you know how to count? You can't even correctly count the number of instructors' names on a petition. Did I insult you or anyone else?

Why is there so much negativity in this forum? Am I attracting a bunch of burnt out EMTs and Paramedics hovering over their keyboards 24/7, constantly clicking Refresh, anxiously awaiting the next post from a new guy; who have nothing better to do than to pick on people they come across online to make themselves feel better about themselves? I hope not. I've been a member of NUMEROUS online forums and groups for years, dealing with a myriad of topics. I haven't received as many negative replies as I have in this forum.

I became a man long ago. I don't need to prove myself to anyone. All of us started with zero experience at one point-- nobody came out of the womb as a super EMT or Paramedic. Just because I recently chose to make a career change and switch to EMS doesn't give you the right to question me, a person you've never met; and insult my university, which you probably know nothing about.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Put away the testerone and measuring stick. That might work up there, but it does not in medicine. Sorry, you did it to yourself. Want to impress me about your school then don't brag that it is:
An accelerated program
Two of the instructors were fired.

What else could one surmise? How, impressed would you be? This is NOT the way to make a good impression of you or your school.

I didn't read the petition nor did I want too or have too. Sorry, I would not want or need any students to attempt to save my job. They obviously crossed the line. If not, that again is what litigation is for. If they were wrongfully terminated, they will be reinstated as they should be and it will not be from the results from any students protesting the actions. University's are very careful about discharging instructors as litigation would surely follow if there is any validity to their excuse.

If you don't think you will have to prove yourself, you got into the wrong business. Everyday, in every event you will be challenged by peers and others in the medical field. I don't have to do anything to make myself feel better about myself, I am quite content in my position, education, and career. Also I am quite aware of the results of accelerated programs and what the success rate of passing state and license boards, as well as their work production and employers satisfaction rates are.

Also know that EMS and emergency medicine can NOT be taught effectively through a rushed program. Passing certifications and tests is NOT always the sign of effective program. I do wonder how they maintain their accreditation level?

As you will soon find out, I have yet read anyone posting regretting going longer for their education level when asked (yes, I have asked on a poll). Majority (of those that attended regular length courses) felt that their education level and length was short to prepare them for the real world.

Again, I ask .. What is the hurry?

R/r 911

Last edited by a moderator:

Zephyr

Forum Crew Member

If you don't think you will have to prove yourself, you got into the wrong business.

R/r 911

Read the rhetorical questions in that post. I never stated I that I don't think I'll have to prove myself-- I don't have to prove myself to YOU.

reaper

Working Bum
Read the rhetorical questions in that post. I never stated I that I don't think I'll have to prove myself-- I don't have to prove myself to YOU.

You have to prove yourself to anyone that higher medical training, then you! This is medicine!!;)

firecoins

IFT Puppet
No one said it was not accredited. I said, I wonder how they are going to keep their accreditation?

R/r 911

I don't think the accreditation is in question outside of this internet thread.

It is not correct to say it is accelerated since every certificate program in the state of NY is 10 months. The first year of community colleges include the basic EMT class and general education classes. The 2nd year, which is about 10 months, is the official NYS paramedic class. It is usually taught between 10 and 12 months. To say it is accelerated would incorrect.

Zephyr

Forum Crew Member
I don't think the accreditation is in question outside of this internet thread.

It is not correct to say it is accelerated since every certificate program in the state of NY is 10 months. The first year of community colleges include the basic EMT class and general education classes. The 2nd year, which is about 10 months, is the official NYS paramedic class. It is usually taught between 10 and 12 months. To say it is accelerated would incorrect.

firecoins,

Thank you for the correction. I suppose I could say that my program is of shorter duration, as compared to associate degree programs.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
im disgusted by this thread. especially one member who actually thinks he's accomplished something by taking a shake and bake emt course. im actually nauseous.

and now he's a medic student? god help his patients.......