A warning for all paramedics

deep_under

Forum Ride Along
To all paramedics

Get ready to be very, very, very busy at the end of the year and winter 2006.

Heating oil prices are expected to be higher. More people, especially older folks who cannot afford heating utilities, will suffer or perhaps die from frostbite. You'll be picking up a lot of dead bodies than live ones freezing. It will happen all over the USA and northern cities will be the hardest hits. Canada will be the worst hit.

Farmer's Almanac is predicting a rough, roller-coast winter weather in 2006.

Even worse, ambulances and mobile rescue vehicles will be affected by the high cost of gas and diesel prices this winter, affecting the local and state budgets in the long run. Cutbacks and staff downsizing are expected, depending on the size of the local government and city.

This is my first and only warning to you. You will not get anything more from me. I'm on your side and I hope you paramedics get psyched, stocked and warmed up by New Year Day for the long, difficult haul in 2006. :(

Take care,
A friend of EMT paramedics.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
?????????????????????????WTF????????????????????

Firechic

Forum Lieutenant
I thought the same thing.....is this a prediction from Nostradamus?? :D :lol: ;)

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
Well all the merrier then, just means a better duck season for me, and and even better goose season in January and February.

*gets out the duck call, starts practicing calling them in*

-Cap'n :lol:

ECC

Forum Captain
Whatever...'81 was worse than this and we seemed to survive. :rolleyes:

And unless I clock more than 11,500 runs personally this year, I will have nothing to worry about in terms of volume.

emtd29

Forum Lieutenant
Huh?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
All right, who kicked over the rock and let the troll out?

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by ffemt8978@Sep 12 2005, 02:22 AM
All right, who kicked over the rock and let the troll out?
Alas, it was I. I like to hit trolls with my golf clubs. Unfortunatly, I missed.

Summit

Critical Crazy
I wish my agency wasn't so atrociously wastefull with diesel.

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
In regards to Summits post, has any your services started charging more for increased gas prices?? Started charging for gas instead of mileage???

Just curious.

-Capn

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Actually, fuel prices are falling across the US. They went from 3.83 here to 2.85 in a week.

Diesel is also falling.

I took Whacker 6 on a long ride w/ it's fresh tank of Gas today.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Originally posted by CaptainPanic@Sep 13 2005, 02:21 PM
In regards to Summits post, has any your services started charging more for increased gas prices?? Started charging for gas instead of mileage???

Just curious.

-Capn
We've added a 10% surcharge to our fee of $0.

:ph34r:

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Originally posted by rescuecpt+Sep 13 2005, 04:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rescuecpt @ Sep 13 2005, 04:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-CaptainPanic@Sep 13 2005, 02:21 PM

Just curious.

-Capn
We've added a 10% surcharge to our fee of $0.

:ph34r: [/b][/quote]
LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

medicNsand

Forum Probie
<--dusts off the rifle...trying to make oil prices dip....LMFAO--ROTFL