A Funny Thing Happened... (circle one)

Summit

Critical Crazy
Originally posted by rescuecpt@Feb 26 2005, 10:30 AM
Well everyone... I'm actually in Colorado this week for work (actually this week, next week, and the week after). For you locals, I'm heading to Purgatory today. The other person I am here with went up to Telluride for the weekend but I dont really want to give up my company sponsored (read, free) hotel room for a $200 room in Telluride. I'll let you know how it goes later.

Sorry, wrong end of the state or I'd take ya skiing!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Ok - Just got back from Crazy Psycho Pt. who had a seizure, started wandering around in the highway, and ended up getting wrestled to the strecher by 3 emts, 1 medic, 6 cops, and 2 very nice, large, bystanders.

We get to the ED and she is now P.O'd, and NOT post ictal anymore. She was out of the ED before we left the lot. :blink:

Yeah - I got kicked HARD, and both my partners were punched.

Ain't life great.
:rolleyes:

Jon

emtbuff

Forum Captain
We had a good one There was an intoxicated person that was driving up and down and doing wheelies in the ditches. He was stopped by a couple of teenagers and they had enough brains to get the keys out of the car. As he had gotten out and wondered then got back in and tried to take off again. OOPS no keys. :D The teens had called 911 and the cops then were on scene. Ambulance was paged because his head hurt really bad. It was an interesting night. B)

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Mar 6 2005, 03:58 PM
Ok - Just got back from Crazy Psycho Pt. who had a seizure, started wandering around in the highway, and ended up getting wrestled to the strecher by 3 emts, 1 medic, 6 cops, and 2 very nice, large, bystanders.

We get to the ED and she is now P.O'd, and NOT post ictal anymore. She was out of the ED before we left the lot. :blink:

Ain't life great.

Jon
Don't you just want to give these types of patients some O2 therapy?

As in an O2 bottle to the side of the head? :p

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
Originally posted by ffemt8978+Mar 7 2005, 01:55 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ffemt8978 @ Mar 7 2005, 01:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MedicStudentJon@Mar 6 2005, 03:58 PM

We get to the ED and she is now P.O'd, and NOT post ictal anymore. She was out of the ED before we left the lot.  :blink:

Ain't life great.

Jon

As in an O2 bottle to the side of the head? :p [/b][/quote]
Somtimes that seems like the right, humane thing to do. Not often enough, though.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Phridae+Mar 7 2005, 02:40 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Phridae @ Mar 7 2005, 02:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by ffemt8978@Mar 7 2005, 01:55 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-MedicStudentJon
@Mar 6 2005, 03:58 PM

We get to the ED and she is now P.O'd, and NOT post ictal anymore. She was out of the ED before we left the lot.  :blink:

Ain't life great.

Jon

As in an O2 bottle to the side of the head? :p
Somtimes that seems like the right, humane thing to do. Not often enough, though. [/b][/quote]
'round here, we call that MODIFIED O2 Therapy.

And yeah, she ws probably Hypoxic enough to justify that ;) :rolleyes:

I had to sit down later and write up my side of what happened for the record, so that if soething happens 2 years from know we already have written statements written we we could reember them :unsure:

And we also looked like a really caring bunch of folks - 10 guys (PD, EMS, Bystanders) holding down some crazy seizure lady.
:ph34r:

Jon