2011 summer jobs: who got one, what is it, and where?

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Any stories from prior summers also?

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Van Horn, TX paramedic.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I work as a basic in Boston, MA until I go back to school in Colorado.

A few people told me that the summer job is the hardest job you'll ever have to find. I hope they were right, telling ambulance companies that I would only be around for the summer didn't lead to many interviews.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Summer of 2009 Shakespeare Festival.
Summer of 2010 Beach Lifeguard for small beach on Lake Tahoe,
This summer, Beach Lifeguard/EMT for the State of Nevada, Sand Harbor State Park, One of the largest, most visited beaches on the lake :)

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Don't know if it can really be considered a job since I'm not getting paid, but I'm doing my paramedic internship over on the Oregon coast

bearmedic

Forum Probie
Nine weeks at Boy Scout camp. One day off each week (Sundays) not enough time to go home, but everything is taken care of. Was fun ran the Med tent, CPR training and helped on the shotgun range when I wanted something different. But did not have a job when I got home on the 9th which sucked now to look for a job to work while I finish my medic.

Sent from my iPhone

dmc2007

Forum Captain
Continuing to work in Boston as a Basic. Also working a non-EMS internship for a major manufacturing concern on the North Shore.

Joe

Forum Captain
Big 5 sporting goods. part time sales.... yup its pretty much how it sounds... i do keep getting good emt job leads tho!