2 interviews tomorrow!

nats62761

Forum Ride Along
So I've never worked as an EMT before and I have two interviews tomorrow (So-Cal area) with GCTI and Aegis (I know they're both dialysis companies... I like it that way) well anyways.. I'm really nervous! GCTI said to bring extra clothes because they're going to give me a lift test at the same time. what does that mean? what is a lift test like?? any tips!?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Typically a lift test means they're going to make you lift something. It's a lot like picking something up. Only tip I've got is to lift what they tell you. Good luck.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Keep your back straight and lift with your legs, and grip with your palms up.

For example purposes, my lift test with Gerber, they got a ~180 lb EMT strapped to a backboard, you were at the head and lifted (with a partner of course) from ground level to waist height, squat back down to the ground and do a total of 6 lifts as such. And then we got to GS carry them a distance I don't quite remember.

That was Gerber's, just to give you an idea of what you might expect, I have no clue what GCTI's or Aegis' lift tests would entail beyond the lifting of some sort of weight lol but the concept probably wont be greatly different

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
So I've never worked as an EMT before and I have two interviews tomorrow (So-Cal area) with GCTI and Aegis (I know they're both dialysis companies... I like it that way)

Just out of curiosity, why do you like it that way. Not that its a bad thing, just very unusual. Curious to the thought process behind that.

OP
OP
N

nats62761

Forum Ride Along
I mean.. I love to talk so I'd love to work in an environment where it's calm and I can talk away haha.. which is perfect with dialysis. I know most EMTs are the aspiring firefighters and looking for action type.. but I'm just a girl that's pre PA so I don't mind.. it's still a learning experience either way

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
N

nats62761

Forum Ride Along
They went well I really really liked Aegis! my lifting test was similar to what Jim said.. they showed me how to operate the gurney since I've never worked as an EMT before and then we lifted the gurney with 165lbs from the floor to about mid height and then the highest height and then to the ground again. Although... my issue seems to be my school schedule.. right in the middle of the day. So until I change my schedule in May.. it doesn't seem like I'll have luck finding a job.
but thanks for asking :)

Todd Glickman

Forum Ride Along
So I've never worked as an EMT before and I have two interviews tomorrow (So-Cal area) with GCTI and Aegis (I know they're both dialysis companies... I like it that way) well anyways.. I'm really nervous! GCTI said to bring extra clothes because they're going to give me a lift test at the same time. what does that mean? what is a lift test like?? any tips!?
They went well I really really liked Aegis! my lifting test was similar to what Jim said.. they showed me how to operate the gurney since I've never worked as an EMT before and then we lifted the gurney with 165lbs from the floor to about mid height and then the highest height and then to the ground again. Although... my issue seems to be my school schedule.. right in the middle of the day. So until I change my schedule in May.. it doesn't seem like I'll have luck finding a job.
but thanks for asking :)
Hi....are you still working for Aegis?

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Although... my issue seems to be my school schedule.. right in the middle of the day. So until I change my schedule in May.. it doesn't seem like I'll have luck finding a job. but thanks for asking :)

Just wondering which part of this indicated she accepted or was even offered the job???