ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
I bought my own.
Its easy to provide excuses, harder to do what’s right for you. Wear one or don’t.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
How do I wear one under a t-shirt?

The Possum

Forum Crew Member
Sadly the amount of money we get paid for the type of situations that we go into is quite the quandary.

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
Doesn't help if you're shot in the head...
they're pretty useful for the stuff that is more likely to happen than getting shot like getting punched, falling down, getting in a wreck or getting stabbed (assuming the type that accepts armor inserts). Often the difference between a fractured rib and a bruise....

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
they're pretty useful for the stuff that is more likely to happen than getting shot like getting punched, falling down, getting in a wreck or getting stabbed (assuming the type that accepts armor inserts). Often the difference between a fractured rib and a bruise....
Yep. Got my first one in 1979.

EddaJorg

Forum Ride Along
I live in Phoenix and am part of the same union these people were. We've been hit HARD with the news of Jacob's passing in the past few days and are doing what we can to support the families and Jacob's partner, who's recovering but now has to live with what has happened. The whole thing has been heartbreaking.

FiremanMike

Just a dude
Yeah because I can totally wear one under my volly t-shirt.
Put it in over your tee shirt, you can get FIRE, EMS, MEDIC, EMT, whatever you want silk screened on them. If your department doesn’t provide them, consider buying your own. You don’t need top of the line comfort, you’re not working it for an entire 12 hour shift like a cop, so you can easily get one for 500-600. They’re good for 5 years, so it’s a $100/year investment..

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
How do I wear one under a t-shirt?

Who says you have to wear one under a shirt. We have either level 3 or 4 ceramic plate carries with ballistic helmets. Granted they’re provided by the department but our policy is any active shooter or stabbing or based on operational considerations we wear them over our uniforms.

People ***** and moan about the cost of plates and plate carriers and while yes the cost can be a bit much, but how you justify the price of your life? My personal setup costs ~$600 mark. That’s a slick plate carrier (Ferro Concepts Slickster) with Hesco L210’s.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Thanks. I’ll have to look into them when I can.