10-codes...

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
LOL

ProbeGT

Forum Ride Along
Don't you have to go all, RL/S, or nothing at all.
I heard that you have to go all or nothing to prevent confusion to the other drivers. Even though it doesn't help them anyways because of the way they drive now a days. :unsure:

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
That depends upon where you are, your state laws, and your SOP's.

We tend to run a lot of lights only, and only use the siren when in traffic...then again, we're extremely rural.

BTW, welcome to the forum. I hope you stick around and continue to post.

Luno

OG
Premium Member
MedicStudentJon, what is QRS? I am familiar with QRF, (Quick Reaction Force) but not QRS

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Luno@Dec 29 2004, 03:32 AM
MedicStudentJon, what is QRS? I am familiar with QRF, (Quick Reaction Force) but not QRS
Quick Response Service - about what happens when you have a whacker with most of an ambulance, without a strecher

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by ffemt8978@Dec 29 2004, 02:56 AM
That depends upon where you are, your state laws, and your SOP's.

We tend to run a lot of lights only, and only use the siren when in traffic...then again, we're extremely rural.

BTW, welcome to the forum. I hope you stick around and continue to post.
The studies show that you drive faster and more risky with a siren being stressful in the backround. I leave it on if I'm too busy to work it, otherwise I leave it on Manual to the horn and run it when I'm approching an intersection or tring to get an idiot to pull over.

Jon

nyc.ems

Forum Crew Member
too much lights and siren bother me too much.if i'm responding to an emergency call i'll leave my lights on.if there's alot of traffic i'll use my siren and through intersections(obviosly)....other than that,if traffic is good i wont play with the siren.no need for all that noise:wacko:

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
We go to every call running lights, but only the siren when dealing with an intersection or idjiots in traffic. And the only codes we use are code "save-a-heart" (MI) and code save-a-head/CVA (stroke). It's supposed to reduce stress from the patient hearing us call it in. Personally I think stroke is a lot less scarier than "save-a-head" but who am I to judge?

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
dat's a big tin-foooor gud buddy, y'all keep da shiny side up, da greasy side down, it be cleeean an' greeen , no beAr in da aAir frum heAre th therAe

~S~

ndilley

Forum Crew Member
I work for a small rural county where every one in the county has three scanners one in the bathroom, bedroom, and kitchen, haha but seriously we use them around here b/c of that fact.
10-10= out of unit (10-10 station 5 we are at the station)
10-19= Back in the county
10-96= En Route
10-97= On scene
10-98= Clear Scene
we also use codes and signals,
code 12- non-emergency
code 19-Hospital
signal 9-RUSH
signal 8 disreguard
we have a ton but those are the ones used on a daily basis

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
Right now we use both 10 codes and plain talk...and as for the siren...if its daylight the siren is on no questions about it...night time it can be off, but you have to drive as if the lights were off too...unless you are in a residential area and you can then kill the siren to cut down on the lookie loos