Zoll vs Lifepacks

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Anything with the wording Zoll on it.. I try to stay away from.. we have Zoll e-pcr... it will synch over from LP's.. pain in the arse though...

R/r 911

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Our reserve machine is a Heartstream Forerunner

Handcranked. (No, but nonrechrgeable lithum battery costs $160). Has a five digit serial numbger.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
When you attach the leads for 3 lead on the LP 12, it is not diagnostic quality, it is "monitoring" quality. The only time you get diagnostic quality is if you run a 12 lead.

However, if you attach the leads for the 3 lead, press the 12 lead button (it will warn you that you do not have all the leads attached), and then press the 12 lead button again to override the warning, it will print a diagnostic quality 3 lead. It will be on the full 12 lead grid, minus the missing leads.

This can help filter out some of the artifact, as the machine has a different algorithm it uses when doing diagnostic quality versus "monitoring" quality.

One of the reps showed me this a few years back, I thought it was an interesting trick...

Not true. There's a function that let's you convert to diagnostic. I can't remember, but I think it's within the print menu. Select monitor and switch to diagnostic. It's a quick way to r/o an inferior MI, and thus a rt sided MI if you want to drop nitro while setting up the proper 12. I mention this as some LP12's out there aren't 12 lead capable, and your method wouldn't work in that case.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
I've used the LP12, and both the Zoll M and E series. The LP12 was okay, but I wasn't impressed by the Zoll.

My dept had to choose between the Phillips and the LP15. My EMS BC told us that Physio wanted an absurd amount of money for their 15's when compared to the Phillips. We went with the Phillips. I like it. I'm especially impressed with the Q-CPR and being able to see all 12 leads at once.

Anyone know what Physio was asking for the 15's in their dept?