Yes! Hired!

MissTrishEMTB08

Forum Crew Member
Im just so excited, and Ive told everyone and still feel the need to gush about it some more.

I GOT A JOB!!!!!!!

I am now an American Ambulance EMT!

Just transport, but its experience!

And it is such a sweet taste of victory, because both of my classmates were convinced I would never get a job on my own because I am 19, almost 20, with little life experience, as they would say, and Im a bit on the chunky side, and I can be shy the first few days til I get in the swing of things.
I was the first in my class to get my EMT cert, and now the first in my class with an EMT job. And I got it on my own. No one called in any favors or talked to the hiring supervisor for me like they (my classmates) have asked of our instructors.

I also got a 100% on the prehire test.

Sweet sweet victory.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Whoooo hooooo! Congrats!!!! Hooray!!!!!!!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Good for you.

It is always a great feeling to get hired... espicially when you didn't really believe in your chance to get hired.

uselessmedic

Forum Crew Member
Congrats on the new job, good luck with a career in EMS and welcome to the life of EMS, it is like no other!!!!!

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Congrats, that's awesome news! Be sure to keep us updated.

Nocturnal_EMT

Forum Probie
HAHA i was in the same situation! but my classmates got jobs with another company making less money with no benifits!!!

OP
OP
M

MissTrishEMTB08

Forum Crew Member
Thankyouthankyou!!!!

Uhhhhm I hope I have benefits, I never asked I was just in the OMG HIRED shock. Im sure that will be covered in orientation though!

I am so excited, I cant wait to prove to all the doubters that Im not just book smarts! :)

Epi-do

I see dead people
Congrats! Good luck to you in your travels down this crazy road called EMS.

Bosco578

Forum Captain
Im just so excited, and Ive told everyone and still feel the need to gush about it some more.

I GOT A JOB!!!!!!!

I am now an American Ambulance EMT!

Just transport, but its experience!

And it is such a sweet taste of victory, because both of my classmates were convinced I would never get a job on my own because I am 19, almost 20, with little life experience, as they would say, and Im a bit on the chunky side, and I can be shy the first few days til I get in the swing of things.
I was the first in my class to get my EMT cert, and now the first in my class with an EMT job. And I got it on my own. No one called in any favors or talked to the hiring supervisor for me like they (my classmates) have asked of our instructors.

I also got a 100% on the prehire test.

Sweet sweet victory.

Atta Girl! Best of luck. I'm sure you will do well. Congrats!

Tiberius

Forum Crew Member
Congrats....just remember to keep your eyes and ears open and absorb EVERYTHING you learn. You can do this for 10 years (or even a thousand years) and you'll learn something new just about every day.

Good luck!

upstateemt

Forum Crew Member
Congratulations!

emt19723

Forum Lieutenant
congrats on the new job. definately nothing to be ashamed of with "only" doing transports. thats where i started and i learned a LOT while i was doing transports. so, you dont have to just "just" transports. heheheheheh go out and get some street time for a bit, then focus on getting on emergencies!! ;)

MattCA

Forum Crew Member
Congrats! I cant wait. Still have to take the NREMT and do some little things before I can apply :sad:. Have fun enjoying your career!