Yay! I get a golf cart!

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
I am happy to announce that after nearly 2 years of volunteer SAR, a year of having my EMT-B and 9 months in an OB-GYN clinic (as a medical assistant not a pt ;) ) I finally have my first EMSy job - working as an EMT at an amusement park / water park.

I just want the golf cart, really.

traumateam1

Forum Asst. Chief
I am happy to announce that after nearly 2 years of volunteer SAR, a year of having my EMT-B and 9 months in an OB-GYN clinic (as a medical assistant not a pt ;) ) I finally have my first EMSy job - working as an EMT at an amusement park / water park.

Congratulation!! I gotta admit.. I'm jealous of your golf cart.

reaper

Working Bum

What water park? Are you being taught mouth to mouth!:rolleyes:

PapaBear434

Forum Asst. Chief
Nothing wrong with a golf cart. I'm joining up with the Bike Squad to work the beach front this summer during the tourist season. Be riding around with a bike and saddle bags full of gear.

So hey, at least YOU get a motor.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Yay golf cart!

Sasha

Forum Chief

CONGRATS!!! We're gonna need the extra money for that flight to Argentina! Can I ride your golf cart? I'm sooooo jealous.

emtfarva

Forum Captain
good job. i don't get a golf cart...... ugh...

WarDance

Forum Lieutenant
Which amusement park? I'll be sure to take a trip there this summer and hijack your golf cart hahaha!

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Look back through the postings for more about that sort of job.

We've had some lengthy back-and-forths about it and related ones.

I always wanted a Gator, but I'm lucky to have wheels under my central response kit.

mikie

Forum Lurker
Before I'm truly impressed...

I want to see a photo of your B.A. golf cart. It better have lights & sirens! :rolleyes:

JPINFV

Gadfly
Damn, a golf cart? Back in the day when I worked at a water park I had to drag all my equipment around on my back. You young whippersnappers are so lucky.

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
i work at a flea market part time and i have a golf cart. its awesome. i just wish it had sirens, but at least it has a horn.

OP
OP
LucidResq

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Nothing wrong with a golf cart. I'm joining up with the Bike Squad to work the beach front this summer during the tourist season. Be riding around with a bike and saddle bags full of gear.

So hey, at least YOU get a motor.

I feel your pain. I did bike patrol at a large July 4th celebration... it was scorching hot and riding around in uniform on a tipsy-awkward bike all day is hard. By the end of the day I thought my legs were crumbling.

Good luck to you!

And I'll be working at Elitch's. It's mostly a regular amusement park, but they have a considerable sized water park element. The nice thing is that unlike many other amusement parks, this one is located smack-dab in downtown Denver, very close to ALS transport and several good hospitals.

phabib

Forum Lieutenant
Nice! Elitch's is pretty sweet. Should be a fun job.

Hopefully you don't get too many nausea cases off the sidewinder.

OP
OP
LucidResq

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Or people jumping off the Rainbow... remember that?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Hey... I'm working part-time as an EMT at a steel mill... I've got a golf cart, too... but mine just has a single orange strobe light, and a big pole with a flag on it, so I don't get run over by the big trucks hauling steel around.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Next year...

SegwayEMT.jpg

http://www.defrance.org/images/SegwayEMT.jpg

or modify this:
CopSegway_270x298.jpg