Wow, great site!

Velosprocket

Forum Probie
Hi all,

I'm new to EMS, and this site. I just started EMT-B training this month and LOVE the class so far. After two weeks there seems to be a TON of information and abbreviations, I hope it levels off! Everybody states how "easy" the class is, but it seems hard to me.

I'm sure I will have a bunch of questions as the class moves forward. I'm a total Noob when it comes to EMS, so be gentle.

Thanks,

Velo

Sasha

Forum Chief
Gentle is not a word in my vocabulary ;)

Welcome to the site! :)! We encourage question asking, but we also encourage use of the search feature!

medic417

The Truth Provider
We believe in tough love. Only the strong survive.

Welcome.

JonTullos

Forum Captain
Here, you can borrow a Kevlar vest. It'll help toughen you up until your skin gets a little thicker. B)

I'm kidding, we don't bite... much.

Welcome to the site! Seriously feel free to ask anything but I also encourage use of the search feature as a lot of questions have been asked and answered to death.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Like all Zoo's, just one hard fast rule:

DON'T FEED THE WILD ANIMALS!!! :p

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
:rolleyes: I will admit that I have worn a kevlar vest while surfing the site though... :rolleyes:

OP
OP
V

Velosprocket

Forum Probie
Thanks everybody! The "search" feature has been my friend. I've been lurking for a long time though.

Please don't hesitate to PM me with ANY advice you would give to somebody that is just two into class.

I'm excited to see where this class takes me. Up until last May I was in the IT field for 14 years surfing a desk for 8 hours a day. The thought of a cubicle now makes my skin crawl.

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
Thanks everybody! The "search" feature has been my friend. I've been lurking for a long time though.

Please don't hesitate to PM me with ANY advice you would give to somebody that is just two into class.

I'm excited to see where this class takes me. Up until last May I was in the IT field for 14 years surfing a desk for 8 hours a day. The thought of a cubicle now makes my skin crawl.

Just make sure that this is what you want to do for a career now and not just an excuse to get away from the desk. ;)